Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme I can't get new media to upload on my Weaver Extreme WP site

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

liveandgrow
    Participant

I have bought and updated the new Weaver Extreme and the site has been fine. But today no matter what I do, I can’t upload new media from my MacBook Air desktop. I tried every possible way, and it either gets stuck partially uploading or says it is a HTTP error. The file size is way below the limit for these pictures. I have done this successfully many times before. I am not a techie, so please tell me in simple terms! Thanks, Helen

scrambler

have you tried uploading from a different computer?

Weaver
    Keymaster

This may be a connection issue over your WiFi, or even your service provider.

But that process is 100% controlled by WordPress, and has no connection to the theme. It is possible there is a plugin that is meant to “enhance” the upload process, but that would be a  very unusual plugin to have installed.

Try a different WiFi connection, perhaps.

Also try opening https://fast.com website to check your connection speed. I don’t know what you might be paying for, but these days any speed below 10mbps is considered fairly slow.

laura
    Participant

I seem to remember having this problem a few years ago trying to upload an image file. I think what I did was I renamed the image file, deleting it from the media file if it did a partial upload, and then uploaded it again with the new file name. I’m not sure if I did it with a different browser. I use Windows 10.

It was not a theme related issue. I would report this to the WordPress forum if this doesn’t resolve it.

liveandgrow
    Participant

Many thanks to those who emailed me ideas. Perhaps network speed wasn’t the same yesterday here in New Zealand with the heavy winds. Wifi costs me a fortune- $125 a month and speed generally is good. Looking into WP also helped as there was someone in a forum who said her updated Jetpack had interfered with media uploads. I realized my problem started when I updated all my plugins as well as what was encouraged for Weaver Extreme. I deactivated Jetpack and suddenly media uploads worked again. I am over here alone in a foreign country and really appreciated Forum help so I can keep working on my website (www.LiveandGrow.com) in the time I have allocated. Thanks so much, Helen

Weaver
    Keymaster

JetPack can do some very nice things – but not always.

I would suspect you have the “make images faster” checked on JetPack which actually has JetPack upload your images to its own servers and then serve them instead of from your own server. This will often speed things up, but apparently it does then make the original upload much slower. If you don’t have a really fast connection with small latency (this may be the real issue – how long it takes to “handshake”), then it apparently causes issues.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.