Home Forums Tutorials and Hints from Users I am a NEWBIE! on so many levels. My question is…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bobthearch 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Beth
    Participant

Hello All,

Will these Weaver Themes be suitable for a membership site with forum?   I am very new to working on website myself.  But an unanticipated financial need for a family member necessitates that I do some things (a lot of things) my self right now.  The upside is that I will become more versed and confident in my own website.  The downside is the learning curve, the time to learn, and the expected mistakes that will occur.  All that being said, the direction is FORWARD.  I want to create a membership site for an inexpensively as possible.  And any tips, helps for creating Landing Pages is also appreciated.
    Thank you,  Beth

scrambler
    Weaver Xtreme (the latest weaver theme and the one you should use) will accommodate anything you like and it is free.
    The best is to dive is right is, get a host provider like bluehost (or others) install wordpress, install weaver Xtreme theme and Weaver Xtreme Theme support plugin, then explore the theme options, visit the demo site (below) and start experimenting and thinking about what you need for your site.

Bobthearch
    Participant

Forum software is generally installed either through your website host’s cPanel, or as a plug-in installed into the WordPress theme.  Most themes are compatible with these plug-ins, including Weaver Xtream.  I haven’t played with it enough yet to be able to detail the pros and cons of each method.

Since you seem to be completely new, I have one big suggestion for you to get you learning quickly – WordPress, themes, plugins, etc. :
    Download and install the free program Instant WordPress.  It runs directly from your personal computer, recreating all of the database and other software that would normally be installed on the website host’s server.  This way you can learn WordPress, test themes, and experiment with layout and design before even starting an account with a website hosting service.
    And since Instant WordPress doesn’t actually install, it just extracts some files into a folder, you can have as many different instances of Instant WordPress as you wish to play with different ideas simultaneously.  You can even extract the files onto a flash drive to use anywhere on any computer.

http://www.instantwp.com/

I hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.