Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme HTML column is slimmer with block editor

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Answered
    dskirk
    Participant

I am using latest version of xtreme and latest version of WordPress and developing a prototype web site of an existing site. In the new site – https://davidkirk.org/bridgefd/contact-us/ the column of photos uses the block editor and HTML widget. In the production site, https://bridgeportfd.com/contact-us/ (using theme Twenty-fourteen), the columns are defined by HTML table elements. The HTML for the photos is identical, yet wider in the production version. I don’t know if this is a block editor issue in itself, or reflects how xTreme theme interacts with it. Any tips on why the photos are smaller in xTreme site? Thanks, much.

david

dskirk
    Participant

An update: I tested the production version that uses Twenty-fourteen theme with the block editor and photos show proper width, so it appears to be something within xTreme that causes the photo column to appear slimmer. I looked for a setting for column width, but could not find any. Any tips on that? I do appreciate the help.

david

Best Answer
    scrambler

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

The problem is that your images are only 300px, and so on Xtreme by default they max out at that width so the quality stays correct.

On the other theme for some reason, there is a CSS rule that forces the Width to a larger value, resulting in the images being scaled up, and therefore slightly blurry.

We could give you a Custom CSS rule that would do the same, but the best would be for you to select larger resolution version of the images.

dskirk
    Participant

Thanks so much for your assistance. I never would have guessed that the old theme did that, although I admit I should have checked the actual width first. I agree with you: better to use larger photos. Thanks again for all you do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.