Home Forums Archived Forums Weaver II Theme How to remove date and time on comments?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rvlawrence
    Participant

I would like to hide the date and time on comments and just have the person’s name.  How do I do this in Weaver 2?  Is there a check box somewhere?

scrambler
    No options that  know of.
    Give us a link to a page showing what you want to hide and we can may be come up with some custom CSS.
    I am pretty sure we can remove the date, but some of the text connecting the name and the date may be a problem.
    Another solution would be a child theme and editing the proper php template there
    scrambler
    OK, so I gave it a shot, and hiding the “on” was a real challenge, because it has no selector or tag…
    Add the rules below in Advanced Options > Head Section > Custom CSS Rule box should do it.
    .comment-author {visibility:hidden;}
    .comment-author .fn, .comment-author img {visibility:visible;}
    The first one makes all the author line hidden which allows the “on” to disappear, and the second one brings back the two pieces we want, which is the image and the name that fortunately has a class  fn
    rvlawrence
    Participant

Wow that worked! Thanks.  This would be a great feature to have in Weaver X.  A checkbox that lets you choose what to show.  

scrambler
    I actually think it is a bad thing to remove date and time on comment.
    Without it, you can never be sure or the order of comments (which are the most recent)
    The same rule will work on Xtreme by the way
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘ Weaver II Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.