Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme how to put Ads on the Left side & Right side in some specific area.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ajay
    Participant

how to put Ads on the Left side & Right side in some specific area.  like: my site is of 940 px. there is some place left on Left side & right side. 

I want to reuse that space by putting Ads on Left & Right. 
    Is there any plugin or technique to put ads. 
    scrambler

If you are not using sidebars in your site, you can just use the right and left sidebar configuration and put the adds in there. We can use custom CSS to make the sidebar go all the way to the top.

If you need the sidebars, this is actually not trivial to make it work in a responsive way. You would need to know the following:

• What happens when  the browser becomes smaller would the add still be there and the site be squeezed in the middle?
    • What about on small tablet or phones?
    • Are the adds responsive (can they scale horizontally when the browser is scaled down)?
    ajay
    Participant

@scrambler 

How to use the right and left sidebar configuration for Ads ? please give some insights.
    scrambler

In MAin options > Sidebar & layout, choose Split Sidebar right and left for all the page type.

then in Appearance . Widgets, put an Add in the primary sidebar and one in the secondary sidebar.

Then post back with a link so we can work out the CSS to extend the sidebar to the top. 

ajay
    Participant

@scrambler 

here is the site in wordpress http://newyork.cbslocal.com/ 
    It has ads on the left / Right side of page. Can you tell how to put Ads with weaver theme. 
    scrambler

I do not understand. the site you linked to does not have ads on the left and right.

I see an ad below the menu bar, and ads in the right sidebar as well as in the content. So you would need to be specific.

In weaver you can place ads in any content area, this means in the page content area, in a text widget placed in one of the sidebar widget area, or in any of the HTML insertion area (Advanced Options > HTML Insertion).

You can view all available areas in Xtreme in the insertion area page of the demo site below.

http://demo.weavertheme.com/insertion-areas/

If you have problem using any of it be very specific about what you are trying to place an where

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.