Home Forums Archived Forums Weaver II Theme Weaver II Pro How to Override WP/Weaver title in favor of SEO plugin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pritcharddesign
    Participant

Does anyone know how to override having page titles derived from the page names? I am using an SEO plugin and the titles I’m adding are not displaying.

I have checked the “Use SEO plugin instead” box in Weaver II Pro Admin > Advanced Options > SEO. This took away the “Page title | Site title” format, but doesn’t display the title I put in the plugin.

I defined a “page-head-code” custom field and put the title tag with title in “value.” This title showed up on the page, but not in the page tab.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Weaver
    Keymaster

The Weaver II option applies only to the site title, and not page titles.

Have you tried this with other themes?

Technically, if the plugin is filtering the WP api the_title() function, then Weaver II Pro uses that interface, and it should work.

We will not make any changes to Weaver II Pro at this level of detail – only major WordPress or PHP incompatibilities, and we are likely to discontinue even hat level with the introduction of WordPress 5.0.

pritcharddesign
    Participant

Thank you for responding. This is a very old site and will be redone this year, so the titles will have to wait until then.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘ Weaver II Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.