Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme How to hide a page but have the item in the header with no link

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bobthearch 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jeanniejt
    Participant

HI, I have Resources in header with pages under that I do want folks to go to but I do not want any redirection if “Resources” is click on. How to make this happen?

Jean

scrambler

Sorry I do not understand what you mean by I do not want any redirection

And we need a link to the site ….

jeanniejt
    Participant

Ok link is http://ib1.99a.myftpupload.com.  In nav you will see Resources, well I want that there but no link to a page.  Want all that is under it and they do have links.  Just don’t want “Resources” to go anywhere.

Thanks

Jean

Bobthearch
    Participant

Sorry, but are you talking about the menu?  A link to your site would go a long way towards clearing up the confusing question.

Just guessing, but what you want is a menu header that doesn’t actually have a page associated?  That’s easy to arrange with Weaver Xtreme:

• Create a page “Resources.”
    • At the bottom of the page is a list of Options with a tab for Misc Options.
    • Click where it says, “Menu Placeholder Page.”

This allows “Resources” to be a menu item without being an actual web page of content.

Bobthearch
    Participant

It’s so frustrating for me, not being able to upload a screenshot image to help you…  🙁

jeanniejt
    Participant

Thank you worked perfect.  Now I know how to do this, very easy in Weaver Xtreme Plus

Bobthearch
    Participant

That is part of the basic Weaver Xtreme page options; you don’t need Plus.

scrambler

@bobthearch, you can post pictures here, you just have to upload them on your own cloud storage or web site and use the URL to display it here

Weaver
    Keymaster

The best way to create a menu for long term maintenance is to create a named custom menu using the Word Press menu creator menu. Then it is up to you to fill in a link for each item in the menu (most will be automatically filled in). You can create a top level item without a link by using # as the address, for example.

But all this is standard WordPress. Some time ago it was common to use a “default” menu, and use the page order and parent page options on each page, but this is much more difficult to maintain than a custom menu. Weaver Xtreme does have some options to support that legacy menu, but it is now better to use a custom menu.

Bobthearch
    Participant

@scrambler

Uploading to a photo host and then inserting it here…  That’s a lot of extra work for an image that I’m unlikely to ever use for anything else again.

Additionally, it’s best not to depend on third-party photo hosting.  Remember Photobucket?

I’ve set up two forums, one with Simple Machines and one with MyBB.  These both allow users to upload images, and can be set up with file size limits and upload limitations for different membership levels.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.