Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme How to customize image Gallery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KCMiller401
    Participant

I am building a site that will show thumbnails of art categorized by year. I would like each year’s page to be a grid of art, each piece of which clicks through to that image larger. I set the first page up as a gallery but am having trouble finding where to customize so that:

• the captions show below, not on top of the art,
    • the thumbnails all stay the same size even if it means that the bottom row is not full, and
    • the thumbnails are 200px sq (before captions).

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

My sample page is: http://gratefuldeadconcertart.com/home/concert-art/1964-65-page/

scrambler

I am confused. Is your sample page an example or your actual site, because it seem to be fine on the site you linked to.

If this is an example, it seems to be using something called WordPress Block gallery, which may be the plugin below

Block Gallery – Photo Gallery Gutenberg Blocks

There are many different gallery plugins you can also look at. here is an article on a few

https://themeisle.com/blog/wordpress-gallery-plugins/

KCMiller401
    Participant

Thank you. I was simply using the Gutenberg Galley Block, no gallery plugin, and was looking for ways to customize it in Weaver Xtreme. I will look for a plugin instead, and appreciate the article. It is funny that the link looks right to you. I have tested it in Chrome and Firefox and, in both cases, the captions overlay the images and the images in the last row are bigger than the others! What browser shows it correct for you?

Incorrect Galley page

Thanks again

scrambler

I misunderstood your remark as the list of problems rather that what you wanted, my bad.

I would still first look for a plugin, rather than try and change the default styling of the block

KCMiller401
    Participant

Good advice. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.