Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme How to change language in search form

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #65858
    Susanne
    Participant

    Hi all,

    something changes the language in the search form, but I don’t know what. I’d like to change the text in the search form from English to German again. So I checked the translation in de_DE.po. Here everything is fine.

    christuskirche-oberhausen.de WP Version 5.5.3–de_DE with Weaver Xtreme 4.4.0.1

    The setting of the website is German.

    May anybody help me, please?

    Thanks, Susanne

    #65862
    scrambler
    Moderator

    @weaver will have to comment.

     

    #65871
    Weaver
    Keymaster

    The code for the search form was changed for 4.4, but the search string is sill wrapped in a translation call, so don’t understand this

    So, @Susanne, please down Weaver Xtreme 4.4.0.1.1 from here:

    Beta Versions

    I tweaked the code a tiny bit. See if that version fixes it, and let me know.

    I assume that your version has all the visitor side text being translated correctly – just that one case?

    The proper translation string does seem to be in the .po file.

    #65891
    Susanne
    Participant

    @weaver

    Unfortunatly the link to download version 4.4.0.1.1 is not available

    https://weavertheme.com/download/9055/

    No file paths defined. Go to homepage →

    I assume that your version has all the visitor side text being translated correctly – just that one case?

    Yes, you are right.

     

     

    #65906
    Weaver
    Keymaster

    Sorry about that – don’t know what happened. Usually once the link shows up in the download category (beta), the file is there. No doubt operator (me) error.

    It seems to be there now, and I’m very confident it will work and the correct translation now shows on my test site. The old code should have worked, but apparently did not, and I don’t know why, but the workaround I put in looks like it works.

     

    The only difference between 4.4.0.1.1 and the released 4.4.0.1 is that translation fix, and it will be in the 4.4.0.2 release whenever that happens.

    #66063
    Susanne
    Participant

    Thank you very much for your great support! I successfully installed beta version 4.4.0.1.1 and now everthing works fine again.

    Search form is now in German  🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.