Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme How do you delete a ‘Pattern’?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    elrond532000
    Participant

I started playing with patterns. And as a result created several which I don’t want.  How do I delete them?  In a non Weaver theme, I can go to Apperance –> Editor

This shows me a menu with several theme related editing functions, including Patterns. I can list the patterns and delete the rubish ones I created.

scrambler

You need to elaborate…

You ask how to delete a pattern, then you explain that you are able to do it, so what is the issue exactly?

….

elrond532000
    Participant

My new website uses the Weaver theme.  This site is going to have many pages being added in the same format. So ideal to Include a Pattern.  Never used Patterns before, so making a mess of them. I wanted to delete them.

I went to WordPress org, and they say, click  on the ‘Apperance – Editor’ link in the main menu.  Then you can select Patterns and find the Patterns I have added and delete the Patterns I no longer want.

So  when the Weaver theme is active, there is no ‘Apperance – Editor’ link, and I can’t find the Patterns to edit.

I can change to a standard WordPress theme, in this case ‘Twenty Twenty Two’ and delete the Patterns I no longer require.  I wonder if we can add the menu into the Weaver Theme, and not have to change themes so that I can clear up the mess es I keep making.

Maybe I should have posted this in another thread already active.  I see that there is a post  Weaver Xtreme [WP, actually] does not have appearance>editor option

I don’t want to midify the theme, but that also appears to be where the menu appears for Patterns.

scrambler

I think @weaver removed that link because it is usually not a good idea to edit any WordPress files, as these changes should be done with a child theme.

I know nothing about patterns, so he would need to comment on that

User

@scrambler

Likewise I know nothing of Patterns, but after reading WordPress documentation, it is a topic related to BLOCKS, and combinations of them in use as sets, to form complexity.

Since Xtreme is not Block based, I guess there’s no need for a facility for that function.

Seems also the edit function is limited to these block sets

Regards!

elrond532000
    Participant

I always use  the Gutenberg editor for posts, adding from the menu ‘blocks’ to add paragraphs, images, gallery.  The ‘patterns’ are next tab along, whereyou can use use patterns, and access the patterns you have added.  They make for a consistent template for posts and pages.  Unforunaltly there appears not to be a way in the Weaver theme to delete these patterns.

I do have the sub optimal getaround, by changing the theme to a standard wordpress theme, deleting the Pattern I no longer require, and then changing back to the weaver theme.

User

@elrond532000

Yes, as mentioned above, Xtreme pre-dates BLOCKS and is therefore Xtreme not a Block theme.

Hence the reason also (as I understand it) that there is no inbuild Xtreme way to edit or manage Blocks or block-patterns.

That said, I am sure many developers use Blocks with Xtreme, but sorry,  I can suggest nothing to help you, as I just don’t use them.

Regards!

elrond532000
    Participant

As I have mentioned, you may not supoort blocks, but they seem to be working fine in the way I am using them on pages and blog posts.  All I wanted was to be able to access the link that allows me to delete blocks.

I am able to store new blocks, and am able to access  blocks I have stored and include them in new pages.  The only part I have found I can’t do is delete a block.  This is a menu item on the Appearance – Editor

Oh well I shall battle on,

scrambler

@weaver, any input on this ?

elrond532000
    Participant

Problem solved. I found another link where the  block may be deleted. There was another link under Opsions / Tools  in the post/page editor where you can Mange Patterns and delete a pattern

Weaver
    Keymaster

I’ve still not learned all the possibilites of block pages and posts, although Weaver Xtreme usually works fine with them.

The Options / Tools settings seems to be a way for WP to hide all sorts of things people don’t generally use. Guess Patterns options was hidden by WP by default. A real block theme might enable that option. But glad you found it, and this is likely to be very helpful to other Weaver users. Thank you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.