Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme how do you change the tab on the home page

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

WilmaLink
    Participant

how do you change the web tab?

scrambler

Please provide a link to you site and explain in a bit more detail what you are calling the web tab.

If you are speaking about menu items, you should create your menu using WordPress Custom Menu found in Appearance > Menus. There you can create and organize your menu(s) as you like, and allocate them to be either your primary or secondary menus.

WilmaLink
    Participant

When you go to a website the tab that they see at the top of the page. it looks like a folder tab at the very top. How do you change that?

Maureen
    Participant

Without a link to the site it is difficult to know what you are referring to.

scrambler

Still no idea what you are referring to.

Link to site and eventually an image showing what you mean required 🙂

Weaver
    Keymaster

I think this is not related to the theme, or even WordPress, but refers to the tab at the top of browsers that show different web sites. The only WordPress feature that relates to the the tab is the Favorite Icon which you can set with the Site Identity option from WordPress. This appears on the Customizer tab, and while the placement of that option is controlled by Weaver, all the support for it is controlled by WordPress.

scrambler

He never even said what changes he meant to have done…

WilmaLink
    Participant

THANK YOU Keymaster. That sounds like it will work. I’m going to check it out and I’ll let you know if I was successful. I changed domain names and the old name stayed in the tab. My site is not public yet so I couldn’t send a link. THANKS again.

WilmaLink
    Participant

And Sorry Scrambler. I am REALLY new at this. I am not familiar with the language. Sorry it was a frustrating post. But thank you for considering to help if you would have had more information or information that made sense to you. THANK YOU

Weaver
    Keymaster

You should test your site with more than one browser (e.g., Chrome, Firefox for all OS;  Safari if you have a Mac, Edge if you have Windows) to check out these details. Make your browser both wider and narrower to check the behavior of you site on narrow screens (corresponding to tablets and phones).

If the domain name is not changing in your browser, it could be browser caching. Search Google to learn about browser caching.

But changing how browsers behave (other than setting a FavIcon and clearing browser caches) is beyond the capabilities of any web site, including WordPress sites. You need to focus on what your site displays and not focus on the browser.

We will be happy to answer questions about how to style things on your actual WordPress site using Weaver Xtreme, but browser specific questions are mostly beyond the scope of this forum.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.