Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme How do I make a sticky menu that matches my Art Store Fronts shop?

Viewing 16 posts - 33 through 48 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    scrambler

@MaryAhern, I see you Lazy load images running, can you deactivate that?

MaryAhern
    Participant

I turned off any optimization option I saw in Jetpack. I still have my W3 Total Cache Deactivated.

I returned to the Fixed to Top on Scroll option.

For the time being I also turned off the “Add Site Logo to Left”.

FYI, I checked the Legacy Menu and both looked correct. Went back to check the Customization>Layout>Menus and the “Add Site Logo to Left” was checked on but it didn’t show up on the screen. Clicked the box a few times and the little logo appeared & disappeared as requested. Saved it. Came back to Customization and it was clicked ON again but didn’t show up again until I clicked it ON and OFF. Strange.

…mary

MaryAhern
    Participant

What is Lazy Load and how do I turn it off?

scrambler

@MaryAhern, If not a plugin, it may be a Jetpack option

Lazy Images (jetpack.com)

The fact that you need to Turn options on and off a couple of times for them to work, confirms something is not working right….

@weaver
    , can you have another look at her site, and see if the “Fixed to top on scroll” option is active for the primary menu, and if so why it is not working?

Site is https://maryahernartist.com/

From what she mentioned above about having to turn options on and off a few time to make them work, it seems she may have an issue with options not saving properly.

scrambler

@MaryAhern, If not a plugin, it may be a Jetpack option

Lazy Images (jetpack.com)

The fact that you need to Turn options on and off a couple of times for them to work, confirms something is not working right….

@weaver
    , can you have another look at her site, and see if the “Fixed to top on scroll” option is active for the primary menu, and if so why it is not working?

Site is https://maryahernartist.com/

From what she mentioned above about having to turn options on and off a few time to make them work, it seems she may have an issue with options not saving properly.

Weaver
    Keymaster

The scroll-fixed class is applied to the menu dynamically by Weaver Javascript. We’ve not had any other issues of this not working reported. I know it works on a couple of my own sites, so it seems we’re down to the old disable other plugins until it works routine.

It looks as if the Weaver JS file is being loaded correctly, but something is break it. All that JavaScript doesn’t really have great namespace protection, so it is not impossible to get such interactions.

if @MaryAhern would like to set up an admin account on the site for me to look at, I can probably find the time in the next few days.

scrambler

@MaryAhern Send the temporary admin login to weaver@weavertheme.com

MaryAhern
    Participant

@weaver I just set up the admin credentials.

…mary

Private Reply
    Weaver
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Weaver
    Keymaster

I found the issue – the Secondary Menu was set to Fix to Top on Scroll, BUT there was no secondary menu! Apparently that was messing up the logic in Weaver’s JavaScript, and I can probably fix that. But the easy solution was to simply return the Secondary Menu to the default location.

scrambler

Wow, that was a weird one…

@MaryAhern
    go ahead and add back the Custom CSS I gave you initially so we can fine tune the effect 🙂

MaryAhern
    Participant

OMG! It works!

You two are the BEST!

It works on my Mac desktop, Ipad and Iphone. I love the effect you created and I also totally appreciate that you stuck with the problem until you found a solution. That’s rare in this day and age.

Thank you so much!

…mary

scrambler

Glad you like it 🙂

You can reduce the height of the menu when fixed by changing the 60px padding to something smaller.

MaryAhern
    Participant

I added back the Header Widget to see if it would work.

It truncates the red bar when the browser is smaller like on my iPad. Also it doesn’t link to my shop since it is picking up the command to link to my home page assigned to the logo. Do you have a workaround to suggest. I really hate to bother you since you’ve already spent so much time on my problem.

…mary

Weaver
    Keymaster

I just released Weaver Xtreme 4.4.1 which has some new features in the Customizer, several minor fixes, and the fix for this issue.

This issue was to me an interesting bug. It is difficult to check for all possibilities, and having someone check “fix to top on scroll” when no menu is defined was a case the code never considered, and it is fairly unlikely to happen. But occasionally, when experimenting with a creative menu layout, it can happen. I’m guessing you were trying to use the secondary menu as an alternative possibility, and just left the option set when you abandoned the secondary menu. Or you simply set it accidentally. Whatever – it led to a problem, and now code checks for that case. That code has been untouched ever since the fix on scroll option was introduced, which has been several years. Good thing the code wasn’t trying to land a ship on Mars .

scrambler

Change the rule I had given you below

#header-widget-area {position:fixed;width:100%;left:0;top:0;}

To the following ones:

#header-widget-area {position:fixed;width:92%;left:4%;top:0;z-index:3000;background:red;}
    #header-widget-area p {margin-bottom:5px;}
    #header {margin-top:30px;}

And remove the background on the text

You can adjust the left and width % to get the space you want on each side of the red bar

Viewing 16 posts - 33 through 48 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.