Home Forums Archived Forums Mobile View How do I get widgets to show up in mobile view and the hide header image setting is not working.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dreamer
    Participant

I am using Weaver X and the Hide Header Image option is not working. I would like to hide my header image on phones and small tablets.  Also, none of my widgets are showing up in mobile view. I am not a coder and I hope you can help me fix these problems without having to learn how to code.  Thanks in advance!

scrambler

Please always provide a link to your site / page with specifics.

1- When you say “the Hide Header Image option is not working” , have you been to Main options > Header > Header Image > Hide Header Image drop down list, and selected “Hide Phone + tablets” then saved your settings?
    If so, again we need a link to the site to check.

2- “none of my widgets are showing up in mobile view”
    Are you referring to the widgets in the sidebar?
    If so have you checked below the content?

By default, sidebars Widget Areas (primary & secondary) will stack below the content on mobile.
    Xtreme has another sidebar layout called Sidebar xxx (Stack top), that will stack the Primary sidebar Widget Area above the content on mobile.

You can select the sidebar layout you want globally by page types in Main options > Sidebar & Layout, and you can override the global selection in any given page using the Page editing page option “Sidebar Layout for this page” drop down list.

Do make sure you have installed the Xtreme Theme Support plugin as page options only come with it.

Dreamer
    Participant

Thanks Scrambler. I confirmed that I do have “Hide Phone + tablets” selected and saved. I have also checked to make sure the widgets were not way down at the bottom and that I had not erroneously selected them to be hidden on mobiles.  I do have Xtreme There Support Plugin installed.  Can you suggest anything else for me to try.  My web site is http://www.sleepanddreams.com. 

scrambler

When I shrink the browser down to the mobile size, the header image does dispear, and the widget go below the content. What does not dispear is the title and tagline.

So check on desktop by reducing the browser to see if it behaves the same for you.
    If it does not, you may have a cache problem, and you may need to clear that. If it works on desktop when reducing the browser size, but not on a mobile device, you may have a plugin with some mobile settings that is interfering.

Deactivate ALL non weaver plugin, and see if that fixes the issue. If it does reactivate one by one to find the culprit.

You must make sure there is no Mobile plugin actigve as that would interfere with Xtreme Mobile system. Some plugin like Jetpack tend to install/activate these without telling you

Dreamer
    Participant

Thanks Scrambler. I think the problem is in the mobile version of my site, not the responsive version. When I look at
    my full site on my phone it behaves properly as you saw. When I select Mobile Site on when looking at the site on my phone it does not behave properly. I will check other plug ins to see if I can disable the mobile site view. 

scrambler

What do you mean “When I select Mobile site”? There is no such thing in Xtreme, as the responsive nature of the theme takes care of the Mobile layout.

If you have a select Mobile site feature, it must definitely come from a plugin, and should be turned off

Dreamer
    Participant

The problem was JetPack. With the mobile theme enabled in JetPack, a link at the bottom of my site appeared publicly that allowed visitors to toggle between a mobile theme and Weaver.  I deactivated the theme and voila, problem solved. I will not let the responsiveness of Weaver XTreme deal with web site sizing according to visitor’s screen size.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘ Mobile View’ is closed to new topics and replies.