Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme How do I edit shortcodes?

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

I created my web site with Weaver Extreme back in 2017, and haven’t done much to it since. Now I need to edit shortcodes in the page specific parts of the primary sidebar (wvrx_pptext-x). But I can’t figure out where the shortcodes are stored or how to edit them. It seems like it was easy on a submenu somewhere on pages when I created them. It looks like something has changed. How do I edit those shortcodes? Or alternately is there a new and better way to put page-specific pictures and text on sidebars? Block edit, perhaps.

scrambler

Normally page specific sidebar are done with per page widget area. These widget areas are therefore present in the widget section of the dashboard.

Then in the page editing page they are use to replace the default sidebar widget area.

If that does not allow you to find your content, Please provide:

• A link to the page with the shortcode content
    • Details on what and where the content is.

Private Reply
    [email protected]
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    scrambler

It looks like you used the weaver Per Page Text Widget.

When you are in Appearance Widget if you open a sidebar widget area, you can add widgets to the area. In the list of ALL widgets is one called “Weaver Perp page text?

If you add such a widget to the sidebar widget area, you will see the following explanation

Weaver Per Page Text

This widget will work like a text widget, but the title and content are defined by custom fields set on a Per Page basis. For any page, define the Custom Field wvrx_ts_pp_title if you want a title, and define Custom Field wvrx_ts_pp_text as the content. Content can include arbitrary text, HTML, and shortcodes. The text will not automatically add paragraphs. The widget will display only if the custom fields are defined when that page is displayed. (This widget won’t display on the default blog or other archive-like pages.)

So the content of the widget for any specific page is defined by Page custom Field located in the Page editing page > Custom Field section.

Look there for the two custom fields mentioned above for the widget title and content for the page being edited.

[email protected]
    Participant

Yes, this description makes sense, and was quoted in my question. But unfortunately there is no Custom Field section in my editing Page. Just to make sure I am doing this correctly, I go to the All Pages menu item on the Pages menu of the dashboard. I click the page I want to edit. It shows the page contents followed by various style settings. There is a tab with various sections. None of them have a Custom Field area. The tab that seems most relevant is Xtreme Plus. It has settings such as Per Page Style, Per Page Area Added Classes, Replacement Menus, etc. The last section is Per Page Text Insertion, which seems relevant, but has nothing to edit. What I expect here is a Custom Fields section that has the text and picture shown on this page’s sidebar. But there is no such section.

There is also a Content tab that has a Per Page Content Replacement section. That sounds like what I want. It has drop boxes at the bottom for widgets including the Primary Sidebar. But this also does nothing.

Note that if I look at the page content with the Code Editor rather than the Visual Editor, I can see the html code of the sidebar in comments. This obviously comes from wherever the sidebar code is stored. But it is commented out, and changing the text in the comment has no effect on the page.

I wonder if I have done something to my installation that prevents it from showing the Custom Fields section. Or maybe there is something I need to add. I thought there might be a separate Weaver Per Page Text widget that I needed to install, but there is no such thing. The widget seems to be built into the Weaver Extreme Plus theme.

So I’m still stumped. It sounds like other users have the necessary Custom Fields, but something prevents them displaying for me.

scrambler

If you do not see the custom field section (which is WordPress), open the screen options at the top of your page editing page, and check the “Custom Field” option

[email protected]
    Participant

That did it. Thanks. I can’t imagine how I ever turned that off in the first place.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.