Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme How can I have the main menu links open in new tabs?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Patti
    Participant

@weaver Whatever you did, it allowed me to start a new discussion & it’s the first time I’ve been able to do that in at least a week.

Thanks!

Patti

BTW I asked my question in the private thread that you started.

Weaver
    Keymaster

It is an option in the Menu creation menu. When you add a new item, there is a checkbox “Open link in a new tab”.

Patti
    Participant

I’m sorry but I’m not finding it. Do I have to completely re-do my menu in order to check that box (wherever it is)? Or will you please tell me where that checkbox is so I can fix the two menus on my site?

Patti

scrambler
    Appearance > menu
    Select your menu for editing
    Open the menu item using the down arrow next to its label in the menu structure
    There should be the option for “Open link in a new tab “
    If not there, Open Screen Option at the top, and check the option “Link Target”
    Then the option should be visible
    Patti
    Participant

Thanks for your help! All of my menus open in new tabs except for the menu on the lower right-hand sidebar of my site (https://historyswomen.com). I’ve tried saving that menu three different times & it’s just not working. It’s not opening those two links in new tabs!

Any suggestions?

Patti

Patti
    Participant

@weaver I just wrote TWO notes & they disappeared on me AGAIN! ARGH

Patti
    Participant

Thanks for your help! It worked everywhere except on the lower right-hand menu on my secondary sidebar. Tried it three different times & got the same results. It’s just not opening those two links in new windows. Any suggestions?

In case you forgot, website’s at https://historyswomen.com

Patti

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.