Home Forums Archived Forums Not Theme Related How can I get rid of old header options on the “Custom Header” page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    miloshapiro
    Participant

As I’ve been tweaking my header in Photoshop and uploading the newer versions, all of the old ones stay up there even though I have no use for them anymore.
    I tried deleting them from the Image Library, hoping that the lack of it being there would clue the Custom Header Page in on the fact that I don’t want that option anymore,
    but the old ones just sit there.

Is there some way to remove/delete these options that were just interim in my development?

On a side note, it’s been a long time since I used this forum.  I thought there was something I had to check-box to say, “Yes, I want to be notified if someone
    answers my question.”  Or, conversely, to stop notifications once I feel fully informed.  Where would that be now?  Thanks!

scrambler

if you mean header images upload via Appearance > header, there should be an option on that page to delete them.

the only way to be notified of posts in the thread is to check the star at the top right so it turns yellow to make it one of your favorite. Other options in the account settings do not work

Weaver
    Keymaster

@miloshapiro, @scrambler

Acutally, you have to open the Media LIbrary admin page. Images you’ve uploaded via the Appearance:Header interface will show up in the Media Library labelled “Header image” right after the image name. Just use the usual Media Library options to delete the old ones. The Bulk Actions – Delete will be fastest.

miloshapiro
    Participant

As I mentioned, i had already deleted the unwanted ones from the Media:Library; they ARE gone from there.  But they still appear on Appearance:Header, (where I definitely don’t see anything that allows me to delete unwanted options).  Is there someplace else that you mean by “Media LIbrary admin page”?  

miloshapiro
    Participant

still hoping for an answer on this one???

Weaver
    Keymaster

This is not really a theme related question any more, and other that what I suggested. You should try the WordPress.org support forum.

You have noticed that if you hover over any of the “Previously uploaded” header images, there is an X to delete them/]?

miloshapiro
    Participant

I just thought, “Hmmm…maybe Weaver is right and I missed such a thing as an X on each of the ones I want to be rid of?”
    So I logged into my site and the whole display is different since i last uploaded a heading.
    now it’s all over on the left side and one only sees “current header” and one of “previously uploaded”.
    I don’t even see how one can see all the old ones now, other than to choose “randomize uploaded headers” and I don’t get what that really means.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Perhaps you just updated WordPress to 4.1 or 4.2?

For some time, the headers interface has been really moved to the Customize section, although the Header option remains under Appearance.

Randomize uploaded headers means that one of those will be randomly selected to display on pages as they are displayed.

miloshapiro
    Participant

whether I go to just Header or I go to Customize first and then choose Header, it’s the new look with just “Current” and “Previous”.
    Seems like a step backward, though.  I can’t imagine wanting a random header on my site, but I can imagine deciding I wanted to use a previous
    one.  The new set up doesn’t seem to give an option for looking at the previous ones.

I do see the “X” to delete previous headers, but if the one showing is not one I’d want to delete, I don’t know how I’d get back to others that i’d want to delete.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Simply clicking one of the previously uploaded images changes it to be the current header.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘ Not Theme Related’ is closed to new topics and replies.