Home Forums Archived Forums Mobile View How can I get my sitewide widget to show up on the mobile version of the site?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    heatherpnelson
    Participant

I discussed this with jetpack and they sent me to the following link – http://jetpack.me/support/mobile-theme/

I need to register the sitewide bottom widget as sidebar 1. 
    Can you tell me where I go to do this and what information I have to enter? 

scrambler

We don’t know what theme you are using nor what you exactly mean by Sitewide widget.

You need to provide us with a link to your site and elaborate about what you exactly mean and are trying to achieve.

But Weaver theme are fully responsive and have everything to manage how your site looks on mobile without the use of any plugin. So they will most likely not be compatible with a plugin trying to handle the mobile view and these are most likely not needed.

But again without fully understanding what you are trying to achieve, it is hard to offer more meaningfull help

Weaver
    Keymaster

If you are using Weaver, you absolutely do not want to use Jetpack’s mobile option. One of the main points of Weaver is its superior handling of mobile displays.

heatherpnelson
    Participant

http://www.carolstover.com

The bottom widget will not display on mobile devices. 
    Without using jetpack, the site looked absolutely horrible via mobile, so I am not convinced of Weaver;s “superior handling of mobile displays”. 
    I know that showing the sitewide bottom widget via mobile can be achieved by changing its id to Sidebar 1. I just need to know where I can do this. 
    scrambler

If the site looked horrible with Xtreme only, may be you should asked here about the issue you are facing with Xtreme only, so we could tell you how to make it do what you want 🙂

If I shrink the browser down to phone size, you sitewide bottom widget area is perfectly visible, so whatever is hiding it on mobile is probably not related to weaver.

If Jetpack wants you to do something that you don’t understand and that we know nothing about, you should probably ask them for some clarification 🙂

Xtreme sidebar uses two different widget areas, Sidebar primary and sidebar secondary, as you can find them in Appearance > widgets, but if you put your content there, it will be in the sidebar and not at the bottom.

SO unless you want to use an Xtreme solution, your answer really appears to lie with the developer of the plugin you are trying to use

By the way the content in your page is not responsive because you used a fixed width table with fixed width columns, so when the browser gets smaller, the content is cutoff on the right.

At a minimum you need to set your tables with in % (table width 100% and columns like 60% 10% 30%) but ideally you want to use Divs for a fully responsive content as table are a very poor system for responsive content.

You can read some more here.

http://forum.weavertheme.com/discussion/11220/weaver-xtreme-tips-and-tutorial-part-5

heatherpnelson
    Participant

Jetpack told me how to fix the problem. But I need to know how to find the file I need on Weaver. Where is the file where I can specify the sitewide bottom widget as sidebar 1?

scrambler

No idea what this is about.

If you ever decide to modify theme files, you must create a child theme and do the modification there as any changes in theme files could cause major issues and would be lost in the next update.

It looks to me like you enjoy doing things the hard way, instead of learning the tools you have in hands (which is of course your prerogative 🙂 )

Weaver
    Keymaster

We do not and will not support any mobile plugin options, including Jetpack’s.

You are the first person, out of many thousands of users,  to ever say that Weaver Xtreme’s mobile support looks “absolutely horrible”. We would like to know just what you think looks horrible.

The only way we know to make a Weaver Xtreme site look “horrible” on mobile devices is by improper use of fixed sized elements (using fixed px for width styling, fixed sized images, or non-responsive plugins or HTML). We would be happy to help you discover if you have such non-responsive elements and provide suggestions for fixing them.

We will not provide support for using plugin based mobile themes, however.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘ Mobile View’ is closed to new topics and replies.