Home Forums Tutorials and Hints from Users Host Company Recommendation

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Gary_H 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

GR8FL
    Participant

This is not related to theme, but I was hoping I could hear from others regarding which host company you use and are happy with in terms of price, support and reliability (all equally important).

I have been using Host Gator (shared server plan) and they have been not so great this past year in terms of up-time and support. Now they are increasing their plans by 20%. 
    Appreciate your response.
    Thank you.

scrambler

Using Bluehost, no issue there

Bobthearch
    Participant

Scala Hosting is well worth the $3/month cost.  I have two small personal websites hosted on a single “Mini” account, keeping the cost down to $1.50 per site per month.  That price includes a full c-panel including WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal.

dsg257
    Participant

1and1 great support and all problem are of my own making but they help fix them

Weaver
    Keymaster

I’ve had excellent luck with Bluehost for all my sites for the past 3 years or more.

ttp://www.bluehost.com/track/brucewampler

robfoster
    Participant

I use zen internet in the uk, £4.79 per month, decent service.

MCR
    Participant

I have been recommended WPEngine to be used in conjunction with Cloudflare. Load speed decrease is amazing, plus security, CDN. I am using it atm for a company site.

MODERATER’S NOTE: Please avoid WPEngine. See next post!

Weaver
    Keymaster

We STRONGLY advise against WPEngine as it has repeatedly had issues breaking sites with Weaver Xtreme, and will not do anything to help resolve these issues. Please AVOID!

Plus, they are really really expensive for the service delivered.

JonToomsen
    Participant

gandi.net is quite straight forward and dependable.

bigfoot417
    Participant

check out http://www.SiteGround.com ….. FANTASTIC service ….. 

Gary_H
    Participant

I have used dathorn for nearly 15 years far more than wordpress only but SOLID, reliable honest hosting with service that will knock your socks off. However this is for multiple sites not just one site…  

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.