Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Home Page not Aligning Properly in Mobile

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  IBNu2WP 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

IBNu2WP
    Participant

On https://www.cancousa.com  I can’t seem to get the 2 columns to align correctly in mobile.  I am essentially using the class=”content-2-col” shortcode with another id=” services” class=”content-2-col” to list the bulleted services full width.  In mobile, the “Who we Serve & Where” should stack beneath “The Canco Advantage”.  It is a simple enough process but for the life of me, I can’t figure it out.  I’m still using WP 4.9.9 with the classic editor plugin because I haven’t conquered the Gluttenburg learning curve.

You will notice that I am currently using .is-phone in CSS (really should be using .is-mobile), but I thought for some reason that “content-2-col” was always mobile friendly.

Can you help me out.  Thanks.

scrambler

You are right that normally the CSS for the 2 Column should switch to a single one, and for some reason that CSS does not seem to be activated on your site.

First make sure you are on the latest version of both the Xtreme Them (V 4.2.2) and of the Xtreme Theme Support Plugin (V4.0.3)

Next make sure you clear ALL your caches.

Next check all your Custom CSS (in the Theme Global CUstom CSS Rule box, and in the CSS+ boxes. run it through a CSS validator to make sure there are no syntax errors that could break the CSS file.

scrambler

If none of the above end up applying, it appears something is messing up Xtreme Script, as I see many erros below in the Browser developer tool console

1. SCRIPT5009: SCRIPT5009: ‘jQuery’ is not defined

weaverxjslib.min.js (1,1797)

2. HTML1512: Unmatched end tag.

http://www.cancousa.com (8,3351)

3. SCRIPT5007: SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property ‘fn’ of undefined or null reference

weaverxjslib-end.min.js (1,8955)

4. JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    5. SCRIPT438: SCRIPT438: Object doesn’t support property or method ‘fitVids’

4e2d377bfb3f1cfefb8a496c219721c3.js (2,3637)

So you also need to try deactivating ALL non weaver plugins in case one is interfering.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I notice that the site is using some kind of “optimizer” plugin that seems to be compressing all the output. It is likely trying to compress Weaver’s already compress scripts.

scrambler

That would explain the broken CSS.

@ibnu2wp CSS and javascript optimizer are a big no no, as all Weaver Xtreme CSS is already optimized, and the numerous scripts must be run in specific order at specific time.

Adding an optimizer over them almost always breaks the CSS and the Scripts

IBNu2WP
    Participant

Yep!  WP Rocket was the offending plugin.  I changed the settings to stop all minify and the site straightened out immediately.  No wonder I was pounding my head on my desk.

Thank you for your assistance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.