Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Help! Production site main menu messed up!

Topic Resolution: Answered

This topic contains 27 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Inga 5 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Answered

Inga
    Participant

Changing over from Weaver II Pro to Weaver Xtreme Plus, I thought I had most angles covered. The main menu on the cloned site works just as it is supposed to. See http://ssnet.org/sandbox/

I even have the main menu bar staying at the top of the page.

However, the same menu bar with same theme, etc totally failed on the production site: See http://ssnet.org/
    And it doesn’t seem to matter what setting I use.

Going back to Weaver II is hardly an option either, because the mobile menu stopped working on it, and I’ve had people contacting me because of it.

I’ve been working on the changeover to Weaver Xtreme part-time for days and all day today, ending in frustration. I really need this to work, because the site is crippled as is.
    Originally all the menu items showed up as many rows, taking up half the page. I don’t remember what I did before the menu changed to one row. But it consists only of the topmost menu items all squished together (after I had worked on the spacing on the cloned site.)

I took off the option of the main bar floating at the top of the page, but it made no difference. I went through the HTML to see if something was missing somewhere, but I couldn’t find anything. I’ve been spending about 6 hours on just this menu!! (A partial menu is available as a vertical menu, but that leaves much of the site inaccessible.)
    Can someone please help!! (Got company coming too – to see the sockeye salmon run!)

Here’s my sys info:

### Weaver System Info ###

— WordPress Configuration —

Site URL: http://ssnet.org
    Home URL: http://ssnet.org
    Multisite: Yes
    Version: 4.9.8
    Language: en_US
    WP_DEBUG: Disabled
    WP Memory Limit: 64M
    Permalink: /blog/%postname%/
    Show On Front: page
    Page On Front: Front Page (ID# 20431)
    Page For Posts: (ID# 0)
    Current Theme: Weaver Xtreme (4.0.9)
    Post Types: post, page, attachment, revision, nav_menu_item, custom_css, customize_changeset, oembed_cache, user_request, mt_pp

— Weaver Xtreme Configuration —

Weaver Xtreme Version: 4.0.9
    Theme Support Version: 4.0.3
    Xtreme Plus Version: 3.1.1

— Server Configuration —

Operating System: Linux
    PHP Version: 7.0.30
    MySQL Version: 5.5.5
    jQuery Version: 1.12.4
    Server Software: LiteSpeed

— PHP Configuration —

Local Memory Limit: 512M
    Server Memory Limit: 512M
    Post Max Size: 500M
    Upload Max Filesize: 500M
    Time Limit: 120
    Max Input Vars: 2500
    Display Errors: N/A

— WordPress Active Plugins —

Akismet Anti-Spam: 4.0.8
    All In One SEO Pack Pro: 2.9
    Category Specific RSS Menu: v2.0
    Comments On Feed: 1.2.1
    Conditional CAPTCHA: 3.7.1
    Custom Comment Form Title: 2.2
    Fast Secure Contact Form: 4.0.56
    FD Footnotes: 1.36
    Feedburner Email Widget: 1.2.1
    LiteSpeed Cache: 2.6.1
    Print, PDF & Email by PrintFriendly: 3.14.3
    RefTagger: 2.1.2
    Simple Comment Editing: 2.1.11
    Subscribe to Comments Reloaded: 180225
    User Profile Picture: 1.5.5
    User Role Editor: 4.46
    Weaver II Theme Extras: 2.3.1
    Weaver II to Weaver Xtreme: 1.1
    Weaver Show Posts: 1.3.15
    Weaver Themes Shortcode Compatibility: 1.0.4
    Weaver Xtreme Plus: 3.1.1
    Weaver Xtreme Theme Support: 4.0.3
    WP-PageNavi: 2.93
    WP Author Slug: 2

— WordPress Inactive Plugins —

AddToAny Share Buttons: 1.7.30
    Admin Commenters Comments Count: 1.9
    Amazon Link Engine: 1.3.4
    Check and Enable GZIP compression: 1.1.11
    Classic Editor: 0.4
    Classic Editor Addon: 2.1.0
    Co-Authors Plus: 3.3.0
    Comment Mail: 161213
    Copy Or Move Comments: 4.0.3
    Customizer Export/Import: 0.8
    Dismiss Gutenberg Nag: 1.0.4
    Duplicator: 1.2.48
    EasyAzon: 4.0.21
    Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades: 2.0.1
    Gutenberg: 3.9.0
    iThemes Sync: 2.0.11
    Like Dislike counter: 1.3.0
    Multisite Enhancements: 1.4.3
    No Longer in Directory: 1.0.62
    No Right Click Images Plugin: 3.4
    Open Graph for Facebook, Google+ and Twitter Card Tags: 2.2.4.2
    Optimize Database after Deleting Revisions: 4.6.3
    Polylang: 2.3.11
    Post Archival in the Internet Archive: 1.3.1
    Post Type Switcher: 3.1.0
    Really Simple SSL: 3.0.5
    Reduce Bounce Rate: 4.3.1
    Safe Redirect Manager: 1.9
    Search & Replace: 3.1.2
    Search by Google: 1.9
    Simple 301 Redirects: 1.07
    TinyMCE Advanced: 4.8.0
    UpdraftPlus – Backup/Restore: 2.15.2.1
    Video Manual for WordPress SEO by Yoast: 1.0.2
    Weaver Show Sliders: 1.4.10
    Widget Shortcode: 0.3.3
    Wordfence Security: 7.1.15
    WordPress Exporter: 0.0.6
    WordPress Importer: 0.6.4
    WP Migrate DB: 1.0.4
    WP User Avatar: 2.1.5

— Network Active Plugins —

AddToAny Share Buttons: 1.7.30
    Admin Commenters Comments Count: 1.9
    All In One SEO Pack Pro: 2.9
    Category Specific RSS Menu: v2.0
    Custom Comment Form Title: 2.2
    FD Footnotes: 1.36
    Feedburner Email Widget: 1.2.1
    Like Dislike counter: 1.3.0
    LiteSpeed Cache: 2.6.1
    Print, PDF & Email by PrintFriendly: 3.14.3
    Really Simple SSL: 3.0.5
    Optimize Database after Deleting Revisions: 4.6.3
    Search by Google: 1.9
    Weaver Show Posts: 1.3.15
    Fast Secure Contact Form: 4.0.56
    TinyMCE Advanced: 4.8.0
    UpdraftPlus – Backup/Restore: 2.15.2.1
    User Role Editor: 4.46
    Weaver II to Weaver Xtreme: 1.1
    Wordfence Security: 7.1.15

### End System Info ###

scrambler

none of the link you gave us are loading for me right now.

Can you explain what you mean by “totally failed”??

Inga
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Since I worked on it till 3 am this morning, I slept in, and your note alerted me that the server was offline. It is working again.
    If you’ll go to http://ssnet.org  you’ll see what I mean. Only the top-level links are showing at all, and they’re all squished together. I’m hoping you’ll be able to steer me in the right direction at least.

Inga
    Participant

I see that now the menu doesn’t work on mobile devices either, and that’s a different defined menu, the “mobile” menu. The hamburger icon now shows up (it disappeared on Weaver II Pro less than a week ago, without any changes on our part), but no menu drops down when the icon is touched, as you can see on mobile devices by going to http://ssnet.org  By contrast, the menu at http://ssnet.org/sandbox  works as it should, just like the “primary pages” menu does.

I can’t see that there’s anything different in the two setups. Will really appreciate your help.

Inga
    Participant

Here’s a screenshot of how the front page looked immediately after conversion to Weaver Xtreme Plus:
    (Note the lines of menu I mentioned. That was at least functional, even if not attractive.) The widgets are still messed up .. Screenshot of multi-line menu

Maureen
    Participant

Did you select Smart Menu for the sandbox site and not for the live site? Maybe that option didn’t carry over?

Check Weaver Admin / / Main Opts / Menu / Top Section – Menu and Info bars

Also check the WordPress  Menu link and see if everything looks ok there.

Inga
    Participant

This is the way it’s supposed to look. (My sandbox site.)
    Sandbox menu

Maureen
    Participant

Did you :

Check to see if you selected Smart Menu for the sandbox site and not for the live site? Maybe that option didn’t carry over? Go to Weaver Admin / Main Opts / Menu / Top Section – Menu and Info bars for Smart Menu selection

Also check the WordPress  Menu link in  the left sidebar under Appearance and see if everything looks ok there?

Inga
    Participant

Thanks, Maureen. I tried both types of menus and all sorts of variations. I checked, and currently “Smart Menus” is enabled for both sites. The same CSS specs on both sites:

{font-size: 95%; margin-left:-2px; padding-top: 3px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; }

It’s partly a horizontal spacing issue, with the top  menu items being squished. But there are no dropdown links, as there are supposed to be.
    And the mobile menu doesn’t work.
    Something’s wrong in the interior of the theme, and I can’t find it. It’s frustrating because I worked hard on the sandbox version to get it right. I uploaded the settings files from the sandbox, but that doesn’t seem to affect menus or widgets. But I’ll try again, just to see what it will do.

Inga
    Participant

It seems that the .wxb settings do not record the appearance of the menu. Nor does a .wxall file. 🙁

Maureen
    Participant

You can download the Weaver Settings from the sandbox site and upload them to the live site.

BUT, before you do that, download and save the settings from the LIVE site — just in case you need to upload them to the LIVE site again.

Inga
    Participant

Yes, I again downloaded the .wxb settings and even the .wxall settings from the test site and uploaded them to the production site. Neither seems to affect widgets OR menus. 🙁

I believe I went over everything you suggested multiple times, but since it’s a new day, I’ll try again. But it seems this is beyond me. … I need new eyes on the problem.

On top of everything on the desktop site, the mobile menu isn’t working either. It stopped working with Weaver Pro II, and that’s why I finally decided to implement Xtreme Plus, but now that’s not working either. 🙁 (Okay, I think I’m babbling … )

[Edit:] It seems to me that the settings you mentioned are the ones that are transferred with the backup files. That’s what it looked like before, but, like I said, I’ll take another look.

scrambler

Something seems to be messing with weaver scripts.

Do you have any CSS / js optimizer plugin? if so disactivate that as it is known to mess things up.

If not, deactivate ALL non weaver plugins to see if one is interfering

Inga
    Participant

Okay, I just transferred wxt and then wxb settings to another experimental site with Xtreme Plus installed.

The menu was fine on this page:
    https://icopia.com/weaver-ii-backup-settings-for-manual-attention/ . It is a very simple menu without dropdowns, etc., but it was spaced correctly. The menu deteriorated to “squished” form with the backup files from http://ssnet.org/sandbox/ which looks great.
    So it looks to me that the backup files introduced the error!
    Here are links to the two files:
    http://ssnet.org/dl/sandbox-weaverx-theme-settings-plus.wxt

http://ssnet.org/dl/sandbox-weaverx-backup-settings-plus.wxb

I have never looked inside those files and wouldn’t know how to interpret what they do.

But it seems to me that the backup script for these files introduces the error. That wouldn’t be the end of the world if I knew how to fix the error!

I’ve tried creating new menus from scratch, but they show up just as badly.

So it looks to me like something is affected deep within the theme or even WordPress. My next action will be to re-install the latest WordPress.

Inga
    Participant

@scrambler: As I noted above, the generated backup file seems to do the damage.

On the icopia.com site, Weaver Xtreme needed updating. So I did that after the backup messed up the menu, but it did not fix the menu. Maybe that says something.
    I will doublecheck, but I believe I have all the same plugins operating on the sandbox site as on the production site. So far, the menu still performs well, but I haven’t uploaded a “backup,” and I’m not ready to do that just yet, seeing that the backup seems to mess things up. I want at least *one* site that functions as it should!

scrambler

We may have cross posted, please read my post above about plugin messing with weaver scripts

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.