Home Forums Archived Forums Weaver II Theme Weaver II Pro Help for converting Weaver Pro II to extreme

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    YvesFey
    Participant

It says:

A- First read through the Plugin Help page in Tools > Weaver Converter > Help (from the main WordPress left menu bar)

B- Then in the Main Plugin page Tools > Weaver Converter > Conversion option section, you can browse to the w2b setting file you just downloaded, and click “Upload convert theme/backup” to convert the setting file.
    After the conversion is done, you get a detailed list of the conversion result. That lists will also be available after you have transitioned to Xtreme.

I’ve looked in the help in Weaver Plugins (since I’m not supposed to have activated Xtreme yet), and in Tools.  Neither has any help about conversion.  Neither does WordPress, except a list of the plugins with basic description.  This is a simple site I haven’t done much with as yet, but plan to soon, so I’m trying the conversion here.  I have an extremely elaborate website I would like to convert, but am in terror of trying.  This is not reassuring.

I have upgraded to the latest version of Pro, it says successfully when I do it.  But it also keeps insisting there is a newer version of II.  Could a fail of some sort there be the problem, with a missing upgrade of information?

Weaver
    Keymaster

If you are going to convert, don’t worry about having the very latest version of Weaver II Pro. The latest version only have minor compatibility fixes which don’t affect the settings at all.

Please see:

Converting a Weaver II (Pro) or Aspen site to Weaver Xtreme

for a step by step procedure for converting Weaver II to Weaver Xtreme.

YvesFey
    Participant

Hello again,

I have the latest version, whether important or not.  I am trying to follow the Weaver to Xtreme instructions, but as I explained above, what I have in Help under Plugins and Tools does not match the instructions, so I don’t know how to co-ordinate the plugin help with the change to Xtreme.  It will not really matter with this small site.  I can just redo anything that goes wrong.  But my main site is pages and pages of fancy layouts I don’t want destroyed.  If I just convert, can I then use the plugins?  There seems to be an interim step.

YvesFey
    Participant

The link you sent me is the exact one that I am using and quoted from.  I do not have any Weaver Converter information available, as it says that I will.

Weaver
    Keymaster

You need to be totally explicit about what you mean by “Weaver Converter information”. Where does it say that? There is a report generated during the main conversion, and another per page/post report related only to per page/post options conversion.

The plugin Help page is really a summary of the steps in the guide.

Remember, your original settings are untouched. Run the conversion first, then the per page/post settings. The report will show what was not converted.

scrambler

I am confused about what problem you are having.

All you need to do is follow the steps in the conversion article. If doing that you hit a problem, be specific about what that is.

YvesFey
    Participant

Okay.  Once again. Here is the help I am supposed to be following at this point, as listed in the Conversion Document that is supposed to guide me through this process.  I have already done the previous steps.

A- First read through the Plugin Help page in Tools > Weaver Converter > Help (from the main WordPress left menu bar)

B- Then in the Main Plugin page Tools > Weaver Converter > Conversion option section, you can browse to the w2b setting file you just downloaded, and click “Upload convert theme/backup” to convert the setting file.
    After the conversion is done, you get a detailed list of the conversion result. That lists will also be available after you have transitioned to Xtreme.

BUT – If I click plugins I get 2 choices: Documentation on Managing Plugins and Support Forums.  If I then click Documentation, I get another list at WordPress.  There is general help on Changing Themes.  There is ZERO information on Weaver Conversion.  Ditto in Tools, which has even less information.

scrambler

You do NOT click Plugins, you go in the WordPress left menu bar, click Tools, then, Weaver Converter,  and that takes you to the plugin admin page with the loading and conversion options.

May be the text is not clear enough, and it should read.

B- Then in the Weaver II to Weaver Xtreme Admin page which is found in WP left menu bar > Tools > Weaver Converter > Conversion option section, you can browse to the w2b setting file you just downloaded, and click “Upload convert theme/backup” to convert the setting file.

YvesFey
    Participant

This was the only instruction written in the help about where I should be working from:

Within the Admin of your Weaver II site, go to save restore, and click on Download ALL settings (w2b file). You will need this file for the conversion, and it will also be a good backup to keep in case you did need to restore the weaver II site

That was several steps prior to the point I am now, but at no point was I told to go elsewhere to work except to get downloads. I have tried to follow the instructions step by step as given.

I have been one step back on the Weaver Xtreme help site, which has an Admin page, but it is an archive with no menu bar Tools link.  I have been to WP.org Tools with no luck.  I have been to WP.com which has a left menu for my site but no tools and no access to anything Weaver or Help. Please, send me the link to the Weaver II to Weaver Xtreme Admin page that I am supposed to be working from.

scrambler

We seem to have a serious communication problem here.

the only step by step instruction you should be following is the Guide article referenced earlier.

Converting a Weaver II (Pro) or Aspen site to Weaver Xtreme

Don’t mix what is in the help and what is in the guide, it makes the whole thing confusing.

In the Guide article, when you reach the point that says:

It is telling you to go to the Admin page of the Plugin within your WordPress installation.

So when you say: “Please, send me the link to the Weaver II to Weaver Xtreme Admin page that I am supposed to be working from.”

It does not make any sense, as there is no such link.

If you have installed and activated the Weaver conversion plugin as explained in the early steps of the guide article, Then that page is accessible from within your WordPress Admin pages.

When you are in your site WordPress Admin, you have a menu bar on the left that has all the WordPress main menu, like Dashboard, posts, pages, Appearance, Plugins, users, Tools, Settings…

What the instruction above says is that to access the Weaver conversion plugin Admin page (assuming again it has been installed and activated), you click on Tools, then under that on Weaver Converter, and that opens up the Plugin admin page.

Hoping this is more clear.

YvesFey
    Participant

I have been following the exact guide you are referring to.  Perhaps I called it help, since it is supposed to help you convert. But I pasted in the section that was not working for me, and explained what happened when I followed the instructions.  What happened was not what the guide said would happen.

I will try reinstalling the plugin and reactivating it.  Perhaps that is what went wrong, and why I’m not getting the conversion information.  But I triple checked all the instructions about what plugins to activate and what not.

YvesFey
    Participant

So, thank you. Despite checking them over, I managed to have the wrong plugin activated, so when I clicked Tools, I did not get the information I was told would be available.

scrambler

So are you saying that you now have the right plugin installed and the instruction match?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘ Weaver II Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.