Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Headers, Menus, and Logo Conversion from Weaver II to Weaver Xtreme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    stlane24
    Participant

Hello, it’s been a minute since I’ve regularly used Weaver, and I’m trying to get my head back around things with all the new options. I believe I’ve completed the conversion process from what was previously a Weaver II Pro site to Xtreme Plus, or at least what I think will convert at this point.

After reading through the documentation, I’m still at a bit of a loss as to where to get started, so may I ask for your help to get me going as far as adding the logo and getting the header and menus back in their place?

This is how I want the header and menus to look: http://web.archive.org/web/20231201170319/https://www.sustainablesanantonio.com/ and this is what it presently looks like:  https://www.sustainablesanantonio.com/

1. Can you tell regarding the logo, header, and two menus if everything converted that it could or should?

2. Under Weaver II to Weaver Xtreme Admin, is there any need to “Clear Current Conversion settings — This will clear the conversion settings from Per Page/Post conversion and weaverii_backup_2024-03-07-0601.w2b.” to complete the conversion process or anything else?

3. After reading the conversion notes, I believe I may need to determine if it’s better to create new or manually modify the current header and menus and where/how in Customizer or Admin to add the logo and background image (although I believe I read BG image was deprecated) to all be responsive.

If able to, can you please advise on these items to include where it’s best and most efficient to make the changes either in the Customizer, Xtreme, or Xtreme Plus admin and whether to use Header Mini Menu and or if SmartMenus is still a better option? When I go to https://www.smartmenus.org, my browser alerts me that the site security certificate is likely expired.

4. In the Customizer I’m unable to locate the current menus. Can you please advise if I just need to keep looking, or am I looking in the wrong place? I had previously named the top menu “Top Menu Smaller Text” and the menu below it, “Second Top” which are still there. However, when I go through the Customizer – Customizing/Custom Menus content and select either “Top Menu Smaller Text” or “Second Top” it adds new menus in the header rather than modifying the current menus.

I have many more questions, but perhaps this is a good start, and hope what I’ve written makes sense. If not, please let me know what I may clarify to help facilitate your triage.

Thank you in advance for your help to hopefully get me through the learning curve more quickly. I look forward to your reply and, in the meantime, will keep poking around and experimenting. Salud!

WP, Weaver theme, and plugins are:
    WP 6.1.5, Xtreme Plus 6.2 with these Weaver Plugins
    Weaver II Maintenance – Maintenance Tools for Weaver II Version 1.2

Weaver II Theme Extras – Adds shortcodes and other features to the Weaver II theme. Version 2.3.1

Weaver II to Weaver Xtreme will convert various Weaver II and Weaver II Pro settings to Weaver Xtreme. Plugin options found on the Tools menu. Version 1.1
    Weaver Show Sliders – Show posts, images, and galleries displayed in a responsive slider with many options. Now includes former Pro features! Version 1.7

Weaver Theme Compatibility – Allows you to use various Weaver II and/or Weaver Xtreme shortcodes with any theme. There is no associated Settings page for this plugin. Version 1.0.4

Weaver Xtreme Plus – Add premium options to Weaver Xtreme Version 6.2

Weaver Xtreme Theme Support – Legacy Admin plus a package of useful shortcodes and widgets that integrate closely with the Weaver Xtreme theme. Version 6.4

scrambler

Did you convert using the conversion procedure found in the guide?

Converting a Weaver II (Pro) or Aspen site to Weaver Xtreme – Weaver Xtreme Guide (weavertheme.com)

If not, you may want to do that for a closer conversion.

If you did:

4- If you have not already done so you should install the Xtreme Theme support plugin. This will give you access to the same legacy Admin that you are use to (in Appearance  > Xtreme Admin > Main Options) while figuring out the customizer.

For the Customizer, when you first open it, you need to do two things.

Click on the options level and make sure you select “Fulll”

Click on the Interface setting and make sure you select “Where” which will follow the same hierarchy of the Old Admin options

1- It looks like you main menu is the default menu instead of a WordPress Custom Menu.

If the custom menu is still defined, you may have lost the allocation to the primary menu. If you go in appearance > menu and select your custom menu, you can check the box that allocates that menu to the theme Primary.

The menu at the very top appears to be done with an extra menu shortcode inside the pre header area. The shortcode is using the wrong option.

It should use the options

menu_type='standard'

And

menu_style='extra'

So you can define the extra style in the theme Menu extra menu settings.

2- I am not sure, may be @weaver can comment

Let us start with that and pick up from there.

User

@stland24

My experience has been that the Menus will all need to be done again in Xtreme.  This is not a difficult process, especially as you have a copy of the old system (Wordings and URLs) to replicate.

From what you write, it seems like you have not been using WordPress for a while.  If that is the case, then I would suggest you use the following plugins: Classic Editor and Classic Widgets and set Advanced Editor Tools  to Classic Editor (TinyMCE)  with which you will feel more comfortable — rather than the new “Blocks” options.

Similarly, I would suggest you use the Weaver Xtreme Admin > Weaver Xtreme 6.4 Options, rather than the Customizer initially, as the learning curve will be easier and your ought to be able to navigate the Options from memory or just make option selections.

FYI, I am still using Smart Menus and I revisited that choice last month, reconfirming it was still the better option.

Hope this helps.

Regards and thanks!

Weaver
    Keymaster

When you change themes, your previous menus should still be available in the WordPress Appearance  Menus settings, but you have to reassign them to the primary or secondary menu locations.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.