Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Header Widget shows above site identity.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    taffy
    Participant

Header Widget shows above site identity. We want it underneath site identity. Can’t seem to find a setting for that.

scrambler

If you have the Plus plugin, you have options for that in Main options > Header > Header Widget Area > Header Widget Area position.

If not, please provide a link to the page so we can see what other options could do what you want.

Below also is an article that provide some view of the various layout options

https://guide.weavertheme.com/layout-and-html-insertion-areas/

taffy
    Participant

Here is the page:

https://dixieaaoffice.com/for-groups/

– The slider we have at the top we want under the title stuff below it
    <h1 id=”site-title” class=”xxl-font-size-title font-alegreya”>AA Dixie Central Office
    Alcoholics Anonymous Information for Southwest Utah</h1>

taffy
    Participant

Alternately we could put the slider at the top of the page content, in which case we’d like the right sidebar moved down just on the page in question

scrambler

Do you have the Xtreme Plus plugin?

If so see my post above for where the option is.

If you do not have the Plus plugin, what you could do is Hide the Site title and tagline using their respective Hide options, then reinsert them using their respective shortcodes (see the Add-ons page) inside the HTML insertion area called the pre wrapper (see guide article I mentioned in my last post)

We can fine tune the layout and width of that area once the content is in it

taffy
    Participant

Thank you. We’re working for a non-profit…$$ are not plentiful. Can I do something about the right sidebar, moving it down on that one page?

scrambler

What do you mean exactly?

Do you mean just shift it down a bit by a few pixel so its top does not align with the top of the content?

Be as detailed as possible on what exactly you want to achieve.

What about your original question, do you need more details on how to create the Title and tagline above the slider?

scrambler

To create the site Title and tagline above the slider, you would add the content below to Appearance > Weaver Xtreme Admin > Advanced options > HTML Insertion > Pre Wrapper code box

[site_title matchtheme=true] [site_tagline matchtheme=true]

Then below that box in the BG Color CSS+ box add the CSS rule below to make it the same width as the site wrapper

{max-width:1100px;margin:0 auto;}

Then you would hide the default Site Title and tagline in Main options > Header > Site title and tagline > Hide site title and Hide site tagline drop down lists

taffy
    Participant

Hi Scrambler

I downloaded the support plugin and tried the code provided. No Luck. On the page in question the slider stayed where it was. On the home page it produced two Site titles and two tag lines. We only want to alter this page:

https://dixieaaoffice.com/for-groups/

As to the right sidebar on the specific page above (and not others) –  if our slider is at the top of the page instead of being a header widget, one of our users does not like where the top of the right side bar lands. If we could accept a lower sidebar on every page where it is used, I’d just insert some CR’s until it looked right. But we want normal sidebar position on other pages where it is used, and a lower one on this page. Awkward.

If I could be sure that Weaver Plus would allow the header widget (where our slider would go) to go below the site title and tag line, we could suppress its use except on the page where we want it. $40 for 18 months is fair, but I need to know it will do this. Thanks for all your support.

Roger

taffy
    Participant

I think we have another site with the Plus version. If so, I’ll test it.

Roger

scrambler

“We only want to alter this page:”

You should have mentioned that earlier 🙂

You can implement the solution to move the Site title and tagline above the slider on a single page.

Instead of adding the shortcodes to the global prewrapper area, add it to the single page prewrapper area using the page custom Filed. Below is the article explaining how to create a page custom field to use an HTML insertion are a on that page

https://guide.weavertheme.com/custom-fields-on-pages-and-posts-what-to-use-them-for-and-how-to-use-them/

Use that to create a new custom field on that page named prewrapper and add the shortcodes to its content box

Then check the option Hide Site Title and tagline in that page Visibility tab option instead of globally.

As for the sidebar. if you wanted to move the slider at the top of content and over the sidebar, the Plus plugin would also offer an HTML Insertion area that you could use just on that page (using the custom field mentioned above).

The Area / Custom Field name for it would be postheader or container_top (see the layout article I linked to earlier)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.