Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Header Widget inline with Site Title

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Radar
    Participant
    Was wondering if you could help me. If you goto https://www.lehighauctions.com/ in the header you will see that I have created a facebook like and put it in the header widget. How to I put this widget inline with the Lehigh Auctions Site Title? I do have weaver xtreme and plus installed on this website.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bill
    scrambler

Put the HTML for your facebook like in Main options > Header > Site Title/tagline > Site Logo HTML

Then add the CSS below in Main options > Header > Site Title/tagline > Title / tagline Area BG CSS+ box

#site-logo {position:absolute;top:2%;right:10px;}

with the values you like

Radar
    Participant

Just looked at those values, not sure what you are referring to, as I would like to keep the Site Title/tagline left and the social buttons aligned right. could you please expand your explanation.

Thanks
    scrambler

What exactly do you not understand ?

Instead of putting your Facebook HTML code inside a widget inside the HEader widget area, put that code in

Main options > Header > Site Title/tagline > Site Logo HTML box. This will put your button inside the site title and tagline container below them.

Then by adding the CSS rule I gave you in Main options > Header > Site Title/tagline > Title / tagline Area BG CSS+ box

You will change the position of the site logo HTML box (that will contain your button) to be absolute, at a certain distance from the right and a certain distance from the top.Start with the values I gave you, then play with changing the values and decide which one places it exactly where you want.

Just give it a try 🙂

Radar
    Participant

Ok, so I did what you suggested, played with the settings, and it seems the Header area gets completely and the menus diasappear.

Radar
    Participant

Thanks Scambler, I think I got it figured out!!!!!

scrambler

@Radar

By the way, given you have plus, you know that there are shortcodes for social icons that you can use.

Check the +Xtreme Plus > Social Icon page.

So you can just define the Facebook icon there and insert it with a shortcode

Radar
    Participant

That is where i was struggling, I could not find out how to see the facebook code from the plus>social icon page

scrambler

You go to +Xtreme Plus > Social button page

In the social button options, you put the full URL to your account in the corresponding box on the Facebook line.

You also put a check mark in the Use box at the beginning of that same line
    that defines the social icon for your Facebook account

Then to insert it, you simply place the shortcode below in the Header HTML Logo box

[social]

Radar
    Participant

thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.