Home Forums Feature Suggestions Header toggle effect

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Joerg_Knoerchen 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Joerg_Knoerchen

Hello @weaver,

I like to know if you can implement a header toggle effect that I have found here: http://www.einpraegsam.de you can see the header will slim down as soon as you start scrolling…
    Cheers
    Joerg

scrambler

I don’t really see any menu effect, just a menu bar made high, with a bottom border on the hover style.

Is there anything else?

Joerg_Knoerchen

Hi @scrambler,

sorry I clicked the wrong button your answer looks like an answer to the previous title of my question and I revised my text as well…

scrambler

I believe we already answered that question. You need JavaScript to change style based on scrolling.

Joerg_Knoerchen

Ok, sure but this is more or less a feature request 🙂

scrambler

Then you need to find yourself a programmer that knows JavaScript 🙂

A google search for “changing CSS when scrolling” returns some discussion and code like this one

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20276166/how-do-i-make-my-navbar-change-css-class-upon-scrolling-past-an-anchor-point

Joerg_Knoerchen

ehm this is a theme thing and a feature request I will not start to find a solution unless Bruce @weaver  refuses this request

Weaver
    Keymaster

Interesting effect, but way too specialized to put into the general theme or even Plus. There are so many things one can do with JS effects that I could spend the rest of my life trying to add them all to the theme at the cost of everything else. Sorry.

Joerg_Knoerchen

Thank you @weaver! I saw that effect at many themes that have it included. I’ll will follow @scramblers advice and link…. thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ Header toggle effect’ is closed to new replies.