Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Header Slideshow & Menu after Xtreme Conversion

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    nstratman
    Participant

I’ve just converted the site http://www.lavenhamliteraryfestival.co.uk from Weaver II Pro to Xtreme Plus. With a few tweaks still to do all is well apart from the positions of the primary menu and the header slideshow. Previously I had the menu at the top, and I have checked the setting Move Primary Menu to top. I’m using the Meteor plugin for the slideshow. As you can see it’s working, but under Xtreme I can’t for the life of me find where the shortcode is now, to check if that is relevant to the fact that the header it still showing above the menu instead of below as before.

scrambler

Your slideshow is in Advanced option > HTML Insertion > Header Top Box. You probably want to move it to the Post Header box in the same option page

nstratman
    Participant

Thank you!

nstratman
    Participant

Having now added a logo image, how do I get the menu above the header images and below the logo?

scrambler

You appear to have added the logo in the header widget area. If so, if you review the options of that area, you will see there is one called “header Widget Area Position”, In that drop down list there are several choices, and the one Called “top of header” is probably what you want.

You also have other HTML insertion areas as illustrated on the demo site Insertion area page below

http://demo.weavertheme.com/insertion-areas/

nstratman
    Participant

Thanks, I’m learning about Weaver X all the time! I am indeed using the header widget area to place the right aligned image. In the settings the default is already Top of header. I’ve re-selected that option just to make sure but it’s made no difference to the positioning. For the menu position I simply checked the option ‘Move Primary to top’.

On the demo page you linked me to, the Header widget area is shown placed below the secondary menu, which mirrors my situation. Maybe I can’t use the header widget positioning for the logo and need to use one of the insertion areas which are shown above the menu?
    scrambler

For what you want, you should not be moving the menu to the top.

Leave the Menu bar in its normal bottom position, The header widget area will then be above, and the Slideshow in the post header box will be below

nstratman
    Participant

Brilliant thank you.

I can’t figure out which of the various padding settings if any to try if I want to create some grey space between the menu and the header slideshow.
    scrambler

Simple enough, add the rule below in the Post Header BG CSS+ box

{margin-top:15px;}

nstratman
    Participant

Great, thank you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.