Home Forums Weaver Show Posts & Show Sliders Header Sliders stacked now

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    funtimes
    Participant

Hi,

It did work.  Both sliders were next to each other doing fine.  I updated my book covers and uploaded, now sliders not working.

Went to Customize area, changed 75% 60% but that didn’t help.

Went to Weaver Sliders area, can’t figure out what happened.

Your help is Greatly Appreciated!

Thank you!

OurCareBooks.com

WP 6.4.2
    Weaver Show Posts (V 1.8.1) & Show Sliders Plugins (V 1.7) – Settings

scrambler

If you are speaking of the zebra and the well rounded kids, these are metasliders, so they have nothing to do with weaver show sliders.

you have one metaslider (the zebra) set for a max width of 800px, followed by a div floated left with a width of 60% and a second metaslider inside that div. Then after that slider you have an empty div with a width of 25%

Is that second div supposed to include a slider too?

Is the missing slider the one that is supposed to be next to the well rounded kid one?

Does look like a mess, but you will need to explain exactly what the layout is supposed to look like, and how exactly you have created this mix of slider and html. May be then we can help clean it up…

You may have created some HTML syntax error which is screwing things up start by checking that.

funtimes
    Participant

Hi Scrambler,

I have 2 sliders…(1) with zebra/kids etc………..(1) with my 3 book covers.

They have worked side x side just fine for couple yrs while finishing my book series.  I changed out the 3 old book cover pics for 3 new ones.

(1) am glad zebra one works fine! 🙂

2) the other slider has 3 green book covers and (1) only 1 is showing (Rise n Shine)…and, instead of being side x side, is Underneath (stacked).

>  I did change div back to 75% and 25%

3) I didn’t create any HTML (bec I don’t know how and leave that to you experts).  If I did, I’m not sure if I did by checking a box (or unchecking a box)

Are book cover pics too big?  I did use a diff site to make those pngs/jpegs

Home

Maybe did an oops…changed div area code to Right since both had left.  prob wrong??

scrambler

First, Where  did you change div back to 75% and 25%?

NEXT:

These sliders are in the header widget area.

The header widget area contains two text widgets.

The first one has the title and tagline I supposed inserted using a shortcode

The second has the slider with what looks like a mixture of code and shortcode.

Please paste here the whole content of that second text widget. Once you paste the content here, select it, and click on the paragraph formatting tool, and select “preformatted” This will put the content in a box where code (if any) whon be interpreted.

Next go Appearance > Xtreme admin > Main options > Header > Header widget area

And gives us all the options you selected there in “columns” and “Custom Widget width – desktop, small tablet and phone”

This will tell us if you are using any widget are formatting options.

funtimes
    Participant

Should I get rid of Metaslider and use Weaver’s sliders area?  Will it do the 2 side x side?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Header Widget Area

[metaslider id=”3228″]

[metaslider id=”1798″]

(It ddn’t copy/paste it all)

Don’t have Plus, on fixed income right now.  Praying that will change when get books happening.

scrambler

No, the sliders have nothing to do with it, it is about how you organize them, and this is why I need to see what has been done, then I can either fix it, or come up with a better way to execute the layout.

Do you have the Xtreme Plus plugin?

scrambler

Is

[metaslider id=”3228″]

[metaslider id=”1798″]
    ALL that you have in the text widget??
    In order for all the content to paste and show up correctly, you have to follow the guideline I gave you.
    Once you paste the content here, select it, and click on the paragraph formatting tool, and select “preformatted” This will put the content in a box where code (if any) whon be interpreted.
    funtimes
    Participant
    [metaslider id="3228"]

[metaslider id="1798"]

highlighted, selected preformated

funtimes
    Participant

Header Widget Area

Text font (inherit)

Align Area  (Align left)

Columns   (1)

Shadow (No shadow)

Rounded corners (none)

Hide area (do not hide)

funtimes
    Participant

Header Image

Hide header image (Hide on all devices)

Suggested header image Height  (400)px

Image HTML Replacement:  (  )

funtimes
    Participant

Header Area

<small>Align Area</small>: Extend BG to full width

scrambler

1- Are you sure there is nothing else in the text widget than the two metaslider shortcode??

2- Where  did you change div back to 75% and 25%?

3- Do you have the plus plugin?

funtimes
    Participant
    1. nothing but code       –  it won’t c/paste even when preformate clicked
    2. [metaslider id=1439]
      [metaslider id=1798]
    [metaslider id=1439]

[metaslider id=1798] </dv>

I actually now  see a diff.  > the 2 slides are 3228  (on page and metasllider) for zebra  …. and 1798 (on page and metasllider) for 3 books

https://www.ourcarebooks.com/wp-admin/customize.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ourcarebooks.com%2F

On fixed inc now, so no Plus currently.

funtimes
    Participant

2- Where  did you change div back to 75% and 25%?

https://www.ourcarebooks.com/wp-admin/customize.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ourcarebooks.com%2F

Global site setting > Active Widget area > Header Widget Area > (2nd Text box  Content)

scrambler

Ok, let us try a different approach.

Remove ALL code in the second text widget

Make sure there is ONLY the two shortcodes below, NOTHING else

[metaslider id=1439]
    [metaslider id=1798]

Regarding the 75%, I have no idea where that setting is, but if it is a setting for the second text widget width, it should be left blank or at 100%.
    If it was in the code, then it will be removed with all the code as instructed above.

Post back when done and I will give you CSS to make the two sliders side by side

funtimes
    Participant

You’re great for helping.  I will do as you suggest.

I’m also deleted Metaslider and going to try the more popular Smart Slider 3. (altho I cringe at the word “smart” which usu means stalk)

I did donate in the past and will again.  Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.