Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Header size

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dosolutions
    Participant

This is probably a silly question, but I would like to reduce the size of the header area (height) so there is less white space on the desktop and more room for the content, so moving the menu and content area up. I must be missing something but cannot find the setting, or perhaps need a little custom CSS. Thanks in advance.

HOME

User

@dosolutions

Try Hiding the header html area in the Header Settings.

Regard.

scrambler

The problem is that you used a CSS rule with

top:-60px

for the header HTML, that moves the content but keeps the space below.

If you use

margin-top:-60px

instead, the space below should be reclaimed

dosolutions
    Participant

I think what i want to do is shrink the header area HTML, moving the menu up a bit. Where is the setting for the header area size? Is it header image size?

Yes – hiding the header html area will move the menu back up into position, but I actually want that content to show up- and it is dynamic based on the page. BUT there is extra vertical white space when using header HTML. How can I eliminate extra white space?

Could it be that since I am using [show_if post_id=xx] short code that there is additional padding added?

thanks

scrambler

You need to listen to what I said….

The space is caused by you using a Custom CSS rule to move the header HTML up under the title.

To do that you have used the following CSS rule

#header-html {position:relative; top: -60px; width: 95%; left: 50px; align: center; border: 0 solid #73AD21;}

You need to locate this rule in the theme Global Custom CSS Rule box and change it to the one below, that uses margin-top instead of top…

#header-html {position:relative; margin-top: -60px; width: 95%; left: 50px; align: center; border: 0 solid #73AD21;}

Weaver
    Keymaster

The header does not inherently have a size- it is determined by the elements you include in the header, but does have some small default margins.

Adding specific margin size  rules can shrink the overall header size.

dosolutions
    Participant

Thanks, now I understand more about header sizing and margins that affect it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.