Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Header question

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

bplumme
    Participant

When I go under General and add a Site Title: Delphos City Schools it shows up next to my navigation. How do I prevent it from showing there?

Also, when people are viewing on tablet or mobile I want the Delphos City Schools – Excellence Today; Success Tomorrow; One Student at a Time! to show. (The part that is under the navigation). I probably want the font to be slightly smaller. Right now Delphos City Schools is showing but that is from my first question and I would like that to go away.

https://cmgroupinteractive.com/delphoscityschools/

scrambler

1) You have checked the option to Add the site title to the left of the menu.

In legacy the option is in Main options > menus > Primary Menu bar > Add Site Title to the left

Or Customize > Layout > Menus > Add Site Title to Left of primary

2) Delphos City Schools – Excellence Today; Success Tomorrow; is your Header HTML. If it disappears on mobile, then its Hide Area option must be set that way.

Go to Legacy Admin > Main Options > Header > Header HTML > Hide Area option and set it to show on all devices

Or Customize > Visibility > Header > Hide Header HTML option

bplumme
    Participant

Hi, I did #1 and that worked

I did #2 and I still don’t see when I am viewing on smaller screen size.

scrambler

You moved the area with a negative top margin, but it is under the menu on mobile

Add the rule below to the theme Global Custom CSS Rule box

#branding {z-index:2000;}

bplumme
    Participant

Thanks, that works…but is there a way to make the text smaller. It runs over the logo and you can’t read the second sentence since it is overlapping, only when viewing on the phone.

scrambler

yes, but you need to add a different class to each div, so you can target each line separately with a CSS rule

<div class="mytxt1" style="font-size: 40px;font-family: lato;text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px black;">Delphos City Schools
    </div>
    <div class="mytxt2" style="font-size: 22px;font-family: lato;line-height: .2;font-style: italic;text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px black;">Excellence Today; Success Tomorrow; One Student at a Time!
    </div>

Then add the rule below to change the font size on phone

.is-phone .mytxt1 {font-size:30px;}
    .is-phone .mytxt2 {font-size:15px;}

bplumme
    Participant

That doesn’t seem to work. I adjusted what you sent to the below and the second text2 overlaps…plus the photo is now cut off at top. I have attached a screenshot.

#branding {z-index:2000;}
    .is-phone .mytxt1 {font-size:15px;line-height: normal;}
    .is-phone .mytxt2 {font-size:10px;line-height: 1.6;}

scrambler

You need to add important to the rule as your other CSS is inline

.is-phone .mytxt1 {font-size:15px !important;line-height: normal !important;}
    .is-phone .mytxt2 {font-size:10px !important;line-height: 1.6 !important;}

Or remove the Inline styles and use the classes to do ALL the styling

.mytxt1 {font-size: 40px;font-family: lato;text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px black;}
    .mytxt2 {font-size: 22px;font-family: lato;line-height: .2;font-style: italic;text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px black;}

.is-phone .mytxt1 {font-size:15px;line-height: normal;}
    .is-phone .mytxt2 {font-size:10px;line-height: 1.6;}

And if you want to change the style for all mobile devices (smalltablets and phones), use the class .is-mobile instead of .is-phone

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.