Home Forums Weaver Show Posts & Show Sliders Header Image replacement with Weaver Show Slider not working

Topic Resolution: Answered

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Answered

Rinaldo
    Participant

Hi, I created a slider and inserted it in the per Page X plus Header Image Replacement HTML  insertion area.

I also put the slider [show_slider name=activity] in the content area to demonstrate that the slider works.

Please help.

https://ambienteguesthouseknysna.co.za/activities/

scrambler

Your site return a certificate error, site not secure.

Please fix that first.

In the mean time, have to tried to just type some text in the header image replacement HTML, and does that show up?

Rinaldo
    Participant

No, it does not!?

scrambler

Sorry but when going to your site on edge I get

This site is not secure
    This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

On Chrome I get

Your connection is not private
    Attackers might be trying to steal your information from ambienteguesthouseknysna.co.za (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
    NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

On Firefox

Your connection is not secure

The owner of ambienteguesthouseknysna.co.za has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Learn more…

Rinaldo
    Participant

Hi, would you please check whether you still get a warning?

scrambler

It is working now, and it does not show anything is the header image replacement except some CSS (below)

#header{background-image:url(//ambienteguesthouseknysna.co.za/files/2018/08/Ambiente-Guest-House_Knysna.jpg);}
    .is-phone #header{background-image:none;}

So two questions.

Where did you put that CSS

Didi you try to just put text in the header image replacement HTML

Rinaldo
    Participant

Yes, and the text does NOT show. I tried the same on the Front Page and I am getting the Header image and the slider, but nothing on this standard page.

I cant find the code you me mention above. I have ticked

Inline CSS – (Xtreme-Plus Option).

I have ticked both boxes below, Show BG Header just doesnt copy:

<small>Show On Home Page Only</small>: <input id=”header_image_html_home_only” checked=”checked” name=”weaverx_settings[header_image_html_home_only]” type=”checkbox” /> <small>Check to use the Image HTML Replacement only on your Front/Home page.</small>
    <small>Also show BG Header Image</small>:

May be that is related?

scrambler

Ok, if you have inline CSS that would explain the CSS I saw. (not sure why you would use that option which is mostly use to diagnose problems)

Now if this is the only page where the per page header replacement HTML does not work, try recreating the Page as that page may have gotten corrupted. Start by creating a new page and adding the HTML replacement, then add the rest of the page content one step at a time and test in between to see if at one point the problem comes back.

You should also try deactivating ALL non weaver plugins, to see if that fixes the issue.

Rinaldo
    Participant

It works only on the front page and there the slider is on top of the header image. I assume it works because both, HTML and Header image should show as indicated above. The slider works in the content section of the page! So I dont believe it is a 3rd party plugin, but I will try.

scrambler

What options do you have in main options > Header > Header image.

In hide header image

In Header image rendering

In Image HTML replacement

In Show on home page only

In Also show BG header image

Rinaldo
    Participant

In

Header Image Rendering:

I have Responsive BG Image. In Height 300px.

When I change that to As img in …, the Header image disappears. All BG options work.

In Image HTML replacement:

[widget_area area='check' area_style="" class="alt-class-name" style="background:rgba(255,255,255,0.5);width:12.3em;position:fixed;top:11.0em;left:2.9em !important;z-index:998;"]

In Show on home page only Ticked

In Also show BG header image Ticked

scrambler

If you have ticked “In Show on home page only Ticked

Then whatever is in the header image replacement will only show on the home page, so that is probably why it does not work on other pages.

You may want to explain what it is exactly that you are trying to achieve overall

Rinaldo
    Participant

Hi, I created a slider and inserted it in the per Page X plus Header Image Replacement HTML  insertion area.

I also put the slider [show_slider name=activity] also in the content area to demonstrate that the slider works.

Please help.

https://ambienteguesthouseknysna.co.za/activities/

I am talking about above page. This is NOT the front page. I want to replace the header image on above page with a slider.

scrambler

May be I am not following what you are saying, but you said you checked the option in main option > Header > Header Image > Show on home page only.

This means the header image (or its replacement) will only show on the front page and not on any other page.

If you are trying to replace the header image by the slider on a page that is not the home page, then you need to Uncheck that option

Rinaldo
    Participant

I am sorry, its this option: Check to use the Image HTML Replacement only on your Front/Home page.

I see only a Hide on Front Page option.
    Best Answer

scrambler

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

I am not following.

This option (main option > Header > Header Image > Show on home page only) does not hide on front page, this option only shows the header image replacement HTML on the front page.

If that option is checked, the header image replacement HTML will only be displayed on the front page and not on the other pages

So given you have the option checked, and given the activities page is NOT the front page, the header image replacement HTML will NOT be displayed on the activities page.

Uncheck that option…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.