Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Header image parallax with weaver xtreme

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MikeDrum 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Jean-Pierre
    Participant

Hello all,
    I’m new here and woud like to know how to create the parallax effect used on this support page with weaver xtreme or if this only works with weaver xtreme plus.
    Thanks.

scrambler

scrambler

@jean-pierre, rereading your post, I wonder if you are confused about parallax, as there is no parallax on this support page.

All there is, is a fix menu to top on scroll, and that is available in the base extreme menu options

MikeDrum
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve went in under the Header>Header image and set Header Image Rendering: As parallax BG image.
    Just embarrassingly struggling to change the size of this window(?) height. Trying a few options but they don’t do anything.
    I’m pretty new to weaver, I’m sure this is mega simple if someone could help please?

Edit: It’s about half the size in height of the parallax header used on this site at the moment.

Weaver
    Keymaster

A link to your site would help if possible.

scrambler

When you use the header image as a background image, it will only show if you have something in the header that give it its height (like title and tagline).

If your header area is empty, you can use the rule below to give it a minimum height.

#branding {min-height:200px;}

If you want different height on mobile, you can add a second rule like below

.is-mobile #branding {min-height:150px;}

All rules go in the theme Global custom CSS Rule box

Jean-Pierre
    Participant

I thought that the image at the top of the page is a header image with parallax function, but it is a background image. Now I know where my thinking mistake was. Thanks for your answers.

scrambler

The parallax effects requires for the image to be a background image, this is how the CSS works 🙂

Weaver
    Keymaster

I think it might be useful to provide a header height option in the next version of the theme to deal with this issue.

scrambler

I remember we had actually discussed it, but I guess it fell in the cracks.

Make sure you use min-height, not height.

MikeDrum
    Participant

Thank you, Scrambler, that done the trick.
    Would have provided a site but it’s just a test one I’m playing about with and is a complete mess ha.
    That option would be nice in future yeah, I was playing about with a few options but never got anything.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.