Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Header area for new website

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    allpurposeguru
    Participant

I have started a new website at https://sustainabilityscout.com. At the top, I see the site title and the menu. Under that is the site title and tagline. Under that is a header image, which I added with the customizer. I need to bring some order out of that chaos.

Where are the other two elements controlled? In particular, is it possible to edit the middle part to change font and background color and maybe add a logo? And somehow put the menu underneath? I don’t like that image very much.

scrambler

Where are the other two elements controlled? In particular, is it possible to edit the middle part to change font and background color and maybe add a logo?

The site title left of the menu is actually the WordPress Site Custom logo. It is there because you added a logo and asked for it to show on the menu bar

Below that are the Actual Site Title and tagline.

You can customize these in Main options > Header > Site title and tagline for Background, font, position…

If you have Plus, there is also a box to add a logo there.

And somehow put the menu underneath

You have selected to fix your menu bar at the top, so if you do not want it fixed there all the time, change that option to either fixed to top on scroll, or not fixed

I don’t like that image very much.

Not sure what you mean here

allpurposeguru
    Participant

Hmm. I have changed the menu options as you instructed. I can’t find anything about the custom site logo. I’m pretty sure I didn’t pick anything like that deliberately. So where do I change that?

As far as customizing the site title and tagline, thanks for showing me where to do it. I’ll have to play with fonts. I suppose I can just find a hex code for a new background color and change what’s there. Is there any way to add a thumbnail image in that area?

The header image is what I had before. The guy I hired on Fiverr didn’t manage to do quite what I asked. I have hidden his image, but when I installed it, I expected it to overwrite the default title/tagline, but it wound up underneath. I see and appreciate the option to move the title/tagline over an image.

scrambler

May be you should start by showing or detailing what kind of header you want, because I am not quite following.

For the menu bar, it looks like you added the site title to the left of the menu bar using
    Customizing ▸ Layout Menus > Add site title to left of primary menu

For adding an image where the site title and tagline are, I told you would need the Plus plugin to do that.

It is up to you if you want to show Only the header image (Hide the site title and tagline using their respective hide options), Or show both separately, or move the Tite & tagline over the header image.

Again, either start by explaining exactly what you want to achieve, or just experiment by yourself

allpurposeguru
    Participant

A belated thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.