Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Have WP Edit Pro Installed But…….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Radar
    Participant

I was using Weaver Pro, with WP Edit Pro, updated site to Xtreme and now I have a menu item to install recommended plugins – WP Edit. looking at plugins WP Edit Pro is activated, but seems it still wants me to activate WP Edit and there is no way to remove this. Only options are to install or activate. So how do I remove this reference to install/activate WP Edit? hope that makes sense.

Thanks 
    scrambler

It seems like you are having an issue with messages from the WP Edit plugin. If so, you should be asking the developer in his support forum, not us 🙂

Weaver
    Keymaster

@scrambler

No, those messages are from Weaver Xtreme. I don’t know if there is a solution to this – the messages are generated by a very widely used library for WordPress plugins and themes called TGM – this utility is used by Weaver Xtreme for recommended plugins. I don’t think it currently has a provision for Pro versions of plugins, but I will double check.

You can avoid the sitewide banner message about wanting that plugin by checking the Dismiss link. I don’t  think there is a way, at the moment, to avoid the “x Recommended Plugins” submenu on the Appearance menu.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Follow up: TGM is adding a feature in its next release that will allow a check for this circumstance, and I will add it when it is available

Radar
    Participant

thank you

Weaver
    Keymaster

@Radar

The WP Edit author thinks that you must still have Ultimate Tinymce installed and activated. Be sure you have deactived and deleted them, and let me know if the message persists.

Radar
    Participant

Ok, just checked I do not see ultimate Tincymce in my plugins list. yes, the recommendation still continues.

Thanks
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.