Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Have Lost Line Space Under Lists

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hkp 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hkp
    Participant

Hi Folks,
    I wonder if you can help.

Some time during the early WP 5.1+ updates, something was updated which changed how LISTS are formatted.

Whether this is due to WP core code or W-Xtreme default settings I do not know.

The result is that there is now no line space between a LIST and the text or object underneath it.

I solved this problem on new posts by changing the last list < li > to < li style=”margin-bottom: 15px;” >

However today, I was editing some old posts and I found that the current default no line space setting is giving pretty ugly results on occasion.

Is there any way I can insert a line in my W-Xtreme child style.css to achieve a global fix and restore a line space under all lists?

Sample of problem is: https://www.hiskingdomprophecy.com/3-things-being-released-after-john-paul-jacksons-passing/

Regards and thanks,
    Angus

scrambler

Not sure if that is a change, but to add space under ordered and unordered list add the rule below to the theme global custom CSS Rule box

ul, ol {margin-bottom:15px;}

hkp
    Participant

Thank you @scrambler

That partially fixed it.  After a lot of testing and different options, it seems to be browser related.

After adding your fix, Tor, Opera, Firefox & Duckduckgo now render a space under a LIST correctly.

However, Chrome & Brave do not.

Manually changing the UL call in a post from < ul > to < ul  style=”margin-bottom: 15px;” > works on all browsers, but sadly  ‘ul, ol {margin-bottom:15px;}‘ does not at this time.

Thank for your help.

Regards, Angus

scrambler

That does not make sense.

Try to add important, and if it still does not work on chrome, post back with the rule in place.

ul, ol {margin-bottom:15px !important;}

hkp
    Participant

Thank you @scrambler

I have done more testing using: ul, ol {margin-bottom:15px !important;}  and I have now left that setting in style.css as the default.

Chrome & Brave now render a space under a LIST correctly, but NOT when I am logged into WordPress!  As soon as I log into WP on these browsers, I lose all spaces after lists – but only on my own screen.

Firefox, Opera, Explorer and Tor all render correctly at all times, whether or not I am logged into WordPress.

So I guess you can mark this as resolved, since all our users can now see the pages rendered as intended.  Only me as editing ADMIN has an issue, and I can accept that.  🙂

Regards and thanks, Angus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.