Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme HappyForms – contact form plugin

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Decimus
    Participant

The new boy on the block is HappyForms.

I’ve been looking at replacing Contact Form 7.  HappyForms seems to be getting good reviews.

I’ve tried it on a default site and it did mostly what it said on the label…

I’ve tried it on two sites that I have Weaver running and the tool to build the form is blank on both.   Any ideas?  Think this might be a Weaver issue?

Peter

Weaver
    Keymaster

If it is a Weaver “issue”, it is unlikely we will fix it.

Weaver Xtreme works well with other form plugins, and if there is some problem with the one you mentioned, at this point, we would consider it the plugin’s problem. Perhaps you can contact their support.

Decimus
    Participant

here is the feedback from HappyForms.  I’ll try it tonight

We investigated the issue and as it turns out, the Weaver Xtreme theme doesn’t appear to be compatible with HappyForms out of the box.
    To be more specific, HappyForms utilizes Customizer interface and Weaver Xtreme theme enqueues their scripts using a hook there which tends to break it.
    Luckily, there’s a quite easy fix you can apply by modifying theme file a little bit.
    Would you mind opening <b>admin/customizer/load-<wbr />customizer.php</b> in a theme directory and modifying a code along the line 105 which reads:
    add_action(‘customize_<wbr />controls_print_footer_scripts'<wbr />, ‘weaverx_customize_preview_js'<wbr />);
    to the following?
    if ( ! function_exists( ‘happyforms_is_preview’ ) ) {
    add_action(‘customize_<wbr />controls_print_footer_scripts'<wbr />, ‘weaverx_customize_preview_js'<wbr />);
    }

Weaver
    Keymaster
    1. Very impressive customer support on the part of HappyForms.
    2. I cannot add their solution to Weaver Xtreme since it will occasionally break Weaver Xtreme’s customizer options if HappyForms is loaded.

How did you contact the HappyForms developers? If you could provide me with that info, I can contact them directly as see if there is perhaps a solution that would solve the interaction issue while not leaving a possible failure in Weaver Xtreme.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.