Home Forums Forum Announcements Google Safe Browsing Error Message

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

GR8FL
    Participant

I’m using Google Chrome today, since Firefox is acting wonky.

When trying to get to this site, below was the message I got.

Google Safe Browsing recently detected phishing on forum.weavertheme.com. Phishing sites pretend to be other websites to trick you.

You can report a detection problem or, if you understand the risks to your security, visit this unsafe site.

I had to click twice on visit this “unsafe site” before it would let me in. Any ideas what’s up with that?

Edit: In looking at the address bar, the https is crossed out in red.

orbitcreative
    Participant

Hi. I’ve just gone onto this site today and can echo the warnings via Chrome.

Weaver
    Keymaster

It appears that one of the weavertheme.com demo subdomains was hacked. Once any subdomain is hacked, Google spreads the warning to ALL subdomains. It will likely take a while to get this fixed – like about 72 hours, they say.

GR8FL
    Participant

Thanks for letting me know.

I don’t know if this is only a Chrome issue.

But every time I try to go to any site here, such as the Forum Guide even if I’m logged into this one, I get the error.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Once any subdomain (e.g., demo.weavertheme.com) get on the blocked list, then ALL weavertheme.com sites are blocked.
    This has been a terrible problem, and I don’t know how long it will take to clear.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.