Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Getting Error and Cannot update Weaver Xtreme Plus

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    melody
    Participant

There is a new version of Weaver Xtreme Plus available. View version 4.0 details or update now.

WARNING! You have the Dashboard:Settings:Reading Posts page: option set to this page. You may intend to do this, but note this means that only this page’s Title will be used on the default WordPress blog page, and any content you may have entered above is not used. If you want this page to serve as your blog page, and enable Weaver Xtreme Per Page options, including the option of using the Page with Posts page template, then the Settings:Reading:Posts page selection must be set to the — Select — default value.

scrambler

the warning has nothing to do with the update, it just alerts you to the fact that you have your blog page set as the default WP blog page, which means that theme settings on that page will not work.

If you are creating a blog page using a page with posts template you should make sure that in Settings > Readings, Home page is set to A static page, and nothing is selected in the Posts page drop down list (showing -select-)

melody
    Participant

I should have explained this better.  Everything was fine until it wasn’t.  This issue just happened so I mistakenly assumed it was related to plugin update.

melody
    Participant

Yes, I think it was related to the update of the plugin because it changed the headers throughout the site.

scrambler

I told you what causes the error message. Have you read what I said, and have you checked the settings in the dashboard that I mentioned?

If there is something in the site display that is not as it should, you need to explain exactly what it is and provide a link to the site.

melody
    Participant

There is a new version of Weaver Xtreme Plus available. View version 4.0 details or update now

When I tried to update the plugin, it caused an error.  It says that it will be automatically updated in 6 hours.  Is that correct?  Meanwhile, for some unknown reason, all the settings on the various pages changed and caused the headers to disappear, code to appear on the blog page, site title to appear in the header where it hadn’t been before.

I didn’t develop this site originally, so I went to WayBack machine and tried to replicate how it looked.  I hope it’s back to the way it was

Blog

Meet Karen

but I do think that perhaps when I tried to update the plugin it caused all the settings to go back to default.

scrambler

I have no idea what could have happened and may be @weaver will have more suggestions.

A few things.

Always do a backup of the site and settings before an update as a precaution.

If you loose settings or your site becomes corrupted, you can ask your Host provider to restore a backup from before the event.

Now did the update complete through all this or is it not done?

Are you still having an error message?

May be you can paste here the content of the system info box found in the theme help page so we can see all of your configuration

melody
    Participant

Update failed: Download failed. Unauthorized

Do I need to repurchase the plugin?

Weaver
    Keymaster

At this point, I would suggest logging in to your shop.weavertheme.com account. Then open Your Account -> Your Licenses -> View Details and Downloads. If your license is still active (which it should be since you are getting notices to update), there will be a link do download the plugin file under the Products section.

Download that, and then open the dashboard plugins page, click add new plugin, then upload plugin, and upload the file from the first step. WP will then allow you to used the new file to replace the old version.

See: https://guide.weavertheme.com/weaver-xtreme-plus-installation/

melody
    Participant

Thanks for your help.  I re-purchased the plugin and installed since was purchased by earlier developer.  I discovered that the custom header had been stripped from the Weaver Xtreme theme.  Do you recommend a child theme for your theme or should the customizations stay put when the theme is updated?

scrambler

No child theme is necessary for styling. All the options and Custom CSS are preserved in any update, they are saved with the theme settings that you can save and download for backup.

You only need a child theme if you are going to modify PHP files like function or templates

You need to clarify what you call “the custom header” so we can understand what you mean by Had been stripped.

melody
    Participant

This is good news.  The generic header began to appear in the blog and headers on the page that came with the theme.  It uses a custom header and the site title, tag was hidden.

Welcome

Meet Karen

Blog

What Am I Looking For?

but the default header appear on blog, posts, pages.  I fiddled with the plugin and then saw the same thing had happened with the customization of the theme.  I have the theme on auto update.  So, now with the latest version of the plugin and theme updated but tweaked hopefully I will be good to go.

scrambler

If you are using a plugin for the header, then there is nothing we can do about that 🙂

melody
    Participant

But it was using the Xtreme plus plugin and the Xtreme theme.  Doesn’t the plugin just provide extra features?

scrambler

You are extremely confusing sorry 🙂

Are you speaking of the Xtreme Plugin for your “custom header” or another plugin.

If you are speaking about the Xtreme plugin, then clarify what you mean by custom Header, because I don’t know any “custom Header” option in that plugin.

melody
    Participant

I saw all these features in the footer and it appeared to be connected to the plugin.  Maybe it’s not.  What does the plugin do?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.