Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme getting deprecated code errors

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bethsobi
    Participant

One of my sites keeps losing the connection to the database.  Not sure if this is connected, but I found these errors:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Weaverii_Widget_Text has a deprecated constructor in /home/cnsmith/public_html/wp-content/themes/weaver-ii/includes/widgets.php on line 12

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Weaverii_Widget_PPText has a deprecated constructor in /home/cnsmith/public_html/wp-content/themes/weaver-ii/includes/widgets.php on line 78

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Weaverii_Widget_Login has a deprecated constructor in /home/cnsmith/public_html/wp-content/themes/weaver-ii/includes/widgets.php on line 12

Could this be causing problems, and how do I fix it?

scrambler

@weaver will have to comment on whether these can be related, but weaver II is beyond obsolete by now, so you really need to consider converting to Xtreme 🙂

https://guide.weavertheme.com/converting-a-weaver-ii-pro-or-aspen-site-to-weaver-xtreme/

Weaver
    Keymaster

At the moment, this should not cause issues connecting to the database. You could disable display of the error messages.

BUT – it almost certainly will be an issue before too long, but probably not connected to the database issue.

bethsobi
    Participant

OK thanks.  I also didn’t realize that I’m using weaver ii on that site and not weaver xtreme, so I guess my next task is to convert it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.