Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Garbled archives without featured image

Topic Resolution: Answered

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Remus 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Answered

Remus
    Participant

Hello!

It’s this blog where archives become a total mess if there is no featured image for a post.

On other site I created by chance a design where I don’t have this problem. It’s last published release for both Weaver Xtreme and Plus Plugin.

Can you help a little? Thank you!

Gillian

I presume as a first step that you’ve checked the active plugins on both sites and deactivated any which are only on the site with the issue, as a test to see if the issue is resolved?

Best Answer

scrambler

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

You made that layout using a rule that positions the excerpt absolute. As a result, when there is no featured image to set the height of the post, the excerpts overflows on the rest.

.is-desktop .wvrx-posts>article div.entry-summary{
    position:absolute;
    padding-top:0;
    padding-bottom:0;
    width:45%;
    right:30%;
    float:right
    }

We can fix that by adding a minimum height to the post with the rule below

.archive.is-desktop .post {min-height:150px;}

But you have another problem, and it is that when the browser gets under 980px, you have a rule (below) that increases the size of the featured image causing a big mess. You would have to explain what you were trying to do with that

@media only screen and (min-width:768px) and (max-width:980px){
    .home #content{margin-left:0;margin-right:0}
    .wvrx-posts>article header a img{width:60%!important;margin-left:4%;margin-right:4%}
    .wvrx-posts h2.post-title{clear:both}
    .home .is-desktop .atw-show-posts-filter-default>article div.entry-summary{position:absolute;top:0;right:12px;width:40%;float:right;padding-top:43px;padding-bottom:3px;min-height:220px}
    .is-mobile .atw-show-posts-filter-favorite>article header a img{width:80%;margin-left:9%;margin-right:9%;border:1px solid #ccc}
    }

Given some of the rules in there start with .home, I suspect they are made for the home page, but if so, ALL the rules in there should start with that so as not to affect the archive pages

@media only screen and (min-width:768px) and (max-width:980px){
    .home #content{margin-left:0;margin-right:0}
    .home .wvrx-posts>article header a img{width:60%!important;margin-left:4%;margin-right:4%}
    .home .wvrx-posts h2.post-title{clear:both}
    .home .is-desktop .atw-show-posts-filter-default>article div.entry-summary{position:absolute;top:0;right:12px;width:40%;float:right;padding-top:43px;padding-bottom:3px;min-height:220px}
    }

And side note, the rule starting with is-mobile inside the @media rule (in blue) will not work, as is-mobile only works when the browser is below 768px, and the @media rule only applies above that…. so I removed it

Remus
    Participant

@gillian, it was an obvious css issue. But usually is a good idea as a starting point, thanks!

@scrambler

I modified the rules as you said, thank you. Still, on the updated page I posted in first post, the title of the post moves to the left when there is no featured image.

Momentarily can’t find an answer for it.

scrambler

You need to add a left margin for the post title so it is in the right place even if no image

If this is only for the archive page use the rule below

.is-desktop.archive .wvrx-posts .post-title {
    margin-left: 34.5%;
    }

If you have that issue on other pages, be specific which ones

Remus
    Participant

Everything is now solved, I can proudly contact the owner.

This is one of the very few altruistic communities I ever found online. Many thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.