Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme gallery images

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    confused
    Participant

hi i have updated to weaver Xtreme 3.1.3 and all the captions under my images in the generic wordpress galleries are now to the right of the image rather than underneath the image as they were previously. In the post edit screen the captions show underneath but when i publish the post or preview, the captions move to the side. Is this a  theme issue? or am i missing something? Many thanks

Weaver
    Keymaster

Nothing affecting captions was changed for 3.1.3.

Our test page for that feature shows expected default layout for [gallery] – captions centered under each image in a gray Italic text.

We will be unable to really help specifically without a link to your site.

scrambler

@weaver,

Actually, after updating, I just inserted a gallery with 3 images in 3 columns and I have the same problem.

Will look into what may have changed  and report back

scrambler

I tested  3.1.2 and same problem, 3 images in a gallery on 3 columns, will show the caption on the side of the image.

Still checking

scrambler

@weaver, it appears it is because the Image in the gallery is getting a float left from the rule

#content .attachment-thumbnail {float:left;margin-right:12px;margin-left:12px;padding:0;}

If I remove the float:left, the caption takes its place below the image

scrambler

So it may only be affecting galleries using thumbnail size images

confused
    Participant

I remember i did 2 updates of the theme quite close to each other so probably was previous update. Is it likely this will be fixed or do i have to use the fix you posted earlier?  Thanks for your interest

scrambler

I am sure it will be fixed by @weaver, but if you need an urgent fix, add the rule below in the Them Global CSS rule box

#content .gallery-item .attachment-thumbnail {float:none;}

And remove it after the fix has been implemented

confused
    Participant

brilliant scrambler thank you for your help.

Weaver
    Keymaster

The issue will be fixed for Weaver Xtreme version 3.1.4.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.