Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme BlueHost hosted Forum Mostly Not Working

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Weaver
    Keymaster

Due to total incompetence by our hosting company, BlueHost.com, this forum has been mostly broken for the past 9 days.

They have repeatedly promised to fix the server, but now they won’t even talk to me – I get a total brush off. They do admit the site is broken with an unknown ETA to reparin.

I was fortunately able to finally access the database, and plan to move all the weavertheme.com sites to a new host.

But for now, don’t count on getting any replies to your questions, even if you can access the site. Apparently some people are able to see the site – mostly just me (probably because they’ve whitelisted my IP) and visitors from outside the USA.

SORRY – please be patient. And never use BlueHost!

scrambler

Working today, YEAH 🙂

Weaver
    Keymaster

The forum will be switched to SiteGround hosting tomorrow. BlueHost may be working now (after 10 DAYS of down or intermittent functioning), but it is bye bye to them!

Remus
    Participant

I assume you have your own VPS, not shared hosting. Then shouldn’t decide yourself what country is banned or not ?

Weaver
    Keymaster

I don’t have the time to manage a VPS. I’m getting a WordPress optimized server which can run just as fast as a VPS. I’m pretty sure that normally there are no banned countries on these servers. It just so happened that in BlueHost’s ill-conceived attempts at getting the server to work that most USA users were blocked. Sort of the opposite of what one might expect for a USA based company.

I am about to start the transfer of the forum, so it will be unavailable for perhaps 10 or 15 minutes fairly shortly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.