Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Forum “errors” x 2 — Didn’t post, and format error…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PolyWogg
    Participant

I’ve noted two odd things with the forum, potentially two errors.

POSSIBLE ERROR #1 — On loading the forum page, I get this error message:

Warning

: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in

/home/weaverth/public_html/forum.weavertheme.com/wp-content/plugins/bbpress-pencil-unread/bbppu-forum-marks.php on line <b>297</b>

class=”loop-item-0 user-id-542 bbp-parent-forum-17400 odd post-64557 topic type-topic status-publish hentry bbppu-hentry bbppu-read”>

POSSIBLE ERROR #2 — didn’t post my Q

I posted a Q the other day and it didn’t show up in the forum. I had a bit of trouble sending it, but when I tried to resubmit it, it said it was already submitted. So it did receive it, but didn’t show.

It doesn’t really matter, I fixed the problem, as something was off on my site. I am using Plus, and I wanted to basically change my header and my menu for some pages (basically a different header and menu for my gallery pages). I tried setting up different menus before and it NEVER worked for me. I even tried menu plugins, nope. This time, I posted the Q to see what was the best plugin to use, went back to the EXTREMEPLUS page, changed the menu and put in the HTML code to replace my header, and it worked. First time, right out of the box. I have NO idea why it didn’t work before, nor why it doesn’t want to show up until I actually say UPDATE (I don’t have caching running, but if I preview, it doesn’t show). Anyway, it’s working, so the lost Q isn’t important, just flagging that it didn’t take my Q.

Paul

aka PolyWogg

scrambler

There has been some occasional error where people posts seem to disappear in limbo in the BBpress plugin, usually when the post contains links.

May be the error you noticed will shed some light for @weaver for what may be the cause.

Happy new year!

Weaver
    Keymaster

I’m not sure how you were seeing that error message – the forum is not supposed to show errors.

I did see the error in the error log file, and it is apparently something in the mark as read plugin. That error has never shown up before, but I added a fix the the plugin that should avoid the error.

I also noticed an error message from the bbpress plugin I wrote and use to manage the forum when dealing with user icons that was happening fairly frequently, but certainly no on  every post or user. May be an error caused by the WP fetch a user icon from the web code and timeouts. But I think that error should be fixed, too, although it should not have actually caused anything to break other than the display of member icons.

But thanks for the report.

PolyWogg
    Participant

Hmm…one part is fixed, another part isn’t.

If I click on Weaver XTreme Theme forum (i.e. https://forum.weavertheme.com/forums/forum/weaver-xtreme-theme/), I still get the following error just above the MARK ALL AS READ button:

<b>Warning</b>

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in

<b>/home/weaverth/public_html/forum.weavertheme.com/wp-content/plugins/bbpress-pencil-unread/bbppu-forum-marks.php</b>

on line  <b>298</b>
    <ul id=”bbp-topic-66539″>class=”loop-item-0 user-id-542 bbp-parent-forum-17400 odd post-66539 topic type-topic status-publish hentry bbppu-hentry bbppu-read”>

If instead, I click on HOME i.e. https://forum.weavertheme.com/, I get the following error:

<b>Warning</b>

: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in

<b>/home/weaverth/public_html/forum.weavertheme.com/wp-content/plugins/bbpress-pencil-unread/bbppu-forum-marks.php</b>

on line <b>298</b>
    <ul id=”bbp-topic-66539″>class=”loop-item-0 user-id-542 bbp-parent-forum-17400 odd post-66539 topic type-topic status-publish hentry bbppu-hentry bbppu-read”>
    which I think is the same error. But it shows up in a different spot — after the green line (topics, voices, posts, last posts) AND it only lists this post in the list, nothing else.

Meanwhile, this page loads fine. I should mention, I’ve seen the error for quite some time, I just always assumed it was something unique to me running Firefox originally, but now I’m in Chrome with the same error showing, so I never mentioned it before. Sorry about that…

PolyWogg

Weaver
    Keymaster

OK – I think I’ve found the issue – it is something related specifically to your account. There is something corrupted in the database. I have no idea of how that that happened, but it appararently has something to do with the plugin that adds the marker that you’ve read or not read topics. It is a fairly complicated plugin that has to add records every time every user reads a topic, and gets changed when a new reply is posted to any topic.

So it does seems likely that some entry for your account got corrupted – perhaps the site crashed while you were logged in. I’ve run some of the “repair” features included with bbPress, but the messages still shows up when I switch to your account (there is a plugin that allows admins to assume the identity of any user – and that’s when I see the error message you see – don’t seem them myself.)

The message does not give enough information to allow me to track down where the specific error is.

I’m not sure if there is much I can do to cure the problem. I might try looking at the database to see if there is anything to fix, but it is likely too complicated to be able to manually sift through the database.

PolyWogg
    Participant

No worries from my end, generally, as long as it throwing a continuous error on the rare occasion I come here to ask questions doesn’t cause any problems for you. Or I could create a new account and become PolyWogg2 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.