Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Footer Sub-menu not showing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nstratman
    Participant

In a previous post you guided me on how to use the Weaver X extra menu and the implications of choosing the different style options. On the site www1.christmastreefestivals.org I have used the xtra menu in the footer. The footer menu is a near replica of the primary menu, and I have selected the options menu type: standard, style menu using: Primary menu options. This all worked fine when the menu had only level 1 items. But when I added 3 sub-items to the History menu, in the footer these items do not show. Based on the response you gave to the guy who posted in the thread of my previous question on styling these menus, I have tried adding overflow:visible in the custom CSS area, but I haven’t succeeded.

I do struggle with the inspector when trying to find the right selector. Sometimes I get it right, but in other cases there are so many nested divs, each of which have possibly an id and several classes, and in the inspector they each highlight the area of the page I want to style, I get confused on how I can consistently know which one to pick. For example I have tried .wvrx-menu-container {overflow: visible !important;}. The div which has the class wvrx-menu-container highlights the entire footer menu area in the inspector, so I thought that would be a good choice, but my CSS has no effect.

You can see what it’s supposed to look like on the History menu item in the top primary menu.

Thanks.
    Maureen
    Participant

Try adding a  min-height:  xxx px;     to the footer widget  area

nstratman
    Participant

That didn’t make any difference I’m afraid. I’ve got the sub-menu to appear by adding some bottom padding to the footer widget area, which is fine for now. But it seems to be a rather crude fix which would have to be altered if other sub-items get added to the footer menu.

scrambler

This is because by default the footer widget area is set to overflow:hidden.

You need to add the rule below in the footer widget Area BG CSS+ box

{overflow:visible;}

Still you will have the problem that sub menus open below and therefore may end up outside the site

You could make the sub menu open above the menu bar in the footer menu by ALSO adding the rule below in Main Options > Fonts & Custom > Custom CSS Rule box

#primary-x2 ul {bottom:30px;}

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.