Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Footer font color on mobile devices

Topic Resolution: Answered

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Answered

Dave
    Participant

Greetings!

I’m scratching my head once again, and please know before posting I’ve tried just about everything with no avail.

Here’s my dilemma …

My footer font is set to white on an dark off-grey background.  Fonts display perfect on the desktop, however; when I view on my iPhone and/or iPad the “telephone numbers ONLY” display black in color.

Not sure why the rest of the text displays just fine.  I added a footer widget and used the text editor to insert text content.  I’ve gone as far as setting the font color to white, but just telephone numbers display black. Odd. 🙁

Any suggestions?

Dave
    Participant

It doesn’t like numbers for some reason.  I had to cheat and insert “+” symbols in the same background color to trick it.

Best I can come up with. 🙁

scrambler

We need a link to your site.

this is probably because the iPhone makes the phone number clickable as a link, so it gets the link color.

We can probably give you a CSS rule to change the link styling of just that one

Dave
    Participant

Hi Scrambler-

Sorry!  Here it is: https://cdvps.org/bu

Beta site.  Not sure if we can limit the code to just the two line containing the numbers?

Best Answer

scrambler

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

If you are the one creating the HTML in that widget, add a class top the span of the numbers

<span class="mylink" ….

Then you can add a CSS rule like below in the theme Global Custom CSS Rule box

.mylink a {color:white !important;}

If not we can use the SO classes for the whole widget

.elementor-element-727fd54 a {color:white !important;}

Dave
    Participant

Hi Scrambler-

The second option seems to work.  Just takes away the black front from my button below.  However, that’s OK, I can always assign a different color background for the button.

I attempted the first option (in the text editor), but that didn’t work out for me.  Of course, I could be entering the code incorrectly. 🙁

David

scrambler

Can you elaborate on what you mean bytakes away the black front from my button below.

For the first method, how are you entering the content, are you entering HTML, or just the text and the plugin takes care of the styling?

Dave
    Participant

Hi Scrambler-

I mean the button below (Directions to the Office) text was black on a white background. When I used your second option, every text (including the button) went white. Which is OK, because I just changed the button background color so the white text can be seen.

I entered your first option using the regular text editor in WP  Instead of “visual” I selected the “text” tab

Hope this helps

David

scrambler

What HTML exactly did you put in using the text tab.

Note: To post HTML on this forum, you need to select it and give it the paragraph style “preformatted”

Dave
    Participant

I put in exactly what you had

scrambler

Your HTML is missing, please include exactly what you typed in

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.