Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme footer area widget

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

merlojh
    Participant

I need three columns or two in footer are have not been able to do it?

http://www.singingtreeproject.org/

scrambler

For equal width columns, use the column option box of the footer widget area options.

If you need columns with unequal width, then use the custom widget width options in the Footer widget area options.

merlojh
    Participant

Right now I have two widgets in the footer area two columns checked equal height but I would like to space them out so not so close together? Thanks John

scrambler

You have aligned your Footer widget area right, and this is what is causing the issue.

Set it back to center

merlojh
    Participant

Thanks for the answers! John

merlojh
    Participant

I have three columns now what I would like to know is how or if you can put padding to move items in columns and if needed make footer area wider? John

scrambler

I suspect you want to spread and center them in the content area.

If that is the case, rather than moving the content with padding, you should center the content of the middle widget, and align the content of the right widget to the right.

The rules below would do that.

#mc_embed_signup form {text-align:center !important;}
    #mc_embed_signup input.email, #mc_embed_signup input.button {margin-left:auto !important;margin-right: auto !important;}
    .widget-3 {text-align:right !important;}

But you should probably change the respective width of the widgets, so the third one would be smaller.
    If you have Plus you can use the custom widget width, with desktop values like below

35,35,30;

If you want to just add paddings, then use rules like below

.widget-1 {padding-left:10px;}
    .widget-2 {padding-left:10px;}
    .widget-3 {padding-left:10px;}

About making the footer widget area bigger, you would start by expanding/stretching the whole footer using the full width options

Then you could limit the width of the footer widget area to a value larger than the site with the rule below

#footer-widget-area {max-width:1500px;margin:0 auto;}

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.