Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme footer area

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  merlojh 6 days, 4 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

merlojh
    Participant

could not find info for adding a full size image in footer widget area is it possible? John

scrambler

Please explain in detail what you mean by that…

Are you saying that you want an image in the footer widget area, and expand the widget area to the full browser width?

If so, you should read the guide article below about full width design

https://guide.weavertheme.com/full-width-design/

Expanding the footer widget area content to he full width of the browser can be done with the expand area option in the Full width option page.

merlojh
    Participant

http://vallanceappraisals.com/ in the footer widget I have an image of the GG Bridge how can I remove all the blue around the image so it covers full width just image and no blue around it? Thanks John

scrambler

You need to remove the various area padding

put a zero in Main options > Footer Area > Padding boxes, as well as Main options > Footer > Footer Widget Area > Padding boxes

merlojh
    Participant

Thanks that works also if I wanted to put centered text over the image how would that work? Thanks John

scrambler

You need to out the text in a div tat is positioned absolute

<div style="position:absolute;"> YOUR TEXT </div>

merlojh
    Participant

http://vallanceappraisals.com/ not sure where to place it. I shows up in the blue area of the footer not over the image? John

scrambler

Add positioning

<div style="position:absolute;top:0px;left:0px;"> YOUR TEXT </div>

merlojh
    Participant

Thanks that works so I guess if I want to center it I just adjust top and left? Thanks John

scrambler

To center the text add the css below to the existing one in the div style attribute

width:100%;text-align:center;

merlojh
    Participant

I have tried different css styles for the divs but nothing has seemed to work?

Should I change the class?

.position:absolute

.container, position:absolute

Footer image

<font color=”#0000A8″>YOUR TEXT </font>

Thanks John

scrambler

I believe you misunderstood what I meant.

I meant the div with the text should look like

<div style="position:absolute;top:0px;left:0px;width:100%;text-align:center;</span>"> YOUR TEXT 

merlojh
    Participant

Yes that worked so I guess if I want it down in the middle I give it some padding top? Another question can I use css on the style to color the font and give it padding and a background color? I tried this but now luck

.position:absolute {} Thanks for the help John

scrambler

I don’t know what you mean when you mention

.position:absolute {}

Which is invalid CSS.

Also some crap got pasted in my HTML above (</span>..)

You can add all the CSS you want in the same style attribute as we did the rest

<div style="position:absolute;top:0px;left:0px;width:100%;text-align:center;padding-top:12%;color:red;font-size:3em;"> YOUR TEXT </div>

if you are going t need much CSS, you can also use a class, then add a CSS rule in the theme Global CSS Rule box to style it

<div class="myfooter"> YOUR TEXT </div>

And put the CSS in a rule like below

.myfooter {position:absolute;top:0px;left:0px;width:100%;text-align:center;padding-top:12%;color:red;font-size:3em;}

merlojh
    Participant

Thanks for the info that’s great John!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.