Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Fixed widget area

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    goakes
    Participant

Hello

Is it possible to have a fixed widget area, say towards the bottom right of the screen, that does not move as the page scrolls up and down? I’m looking to add a short code that provides a count of people online. This is outside of the content area. See example below:

Gary
    scrambler

Yes, but we need to have a look at your page to see the best way to implement and we need to know if you have plus.

if you have the “Plus” plugin, you have a fixed Bottom insertion area in Advanced options > HTML Insertion that you can use for that easily.

If you don’t have plus, we can probably figure out a custom CSS way to get it there if you give us a link

scrambler

If you don’t have plus and if you are not using the footer HTML, you can put your code in there (main Options > Footer > Footer HTML > Footer HTML Content) and add the custom CSS below in the footer HTML BG CSS+ box

{position:fixed;right:0;bottom:0;} 

goakes
    Participant

Hello 

Thank you for your quick response. 
    I do have plus and I can see where you are coming from with HTML Insertion. The ‘visitors online’ plugins I have been looking at all seem to be widgets and not short codes i.e. Visits counter. I’m sure I saw one with a short code though?
    Anyway, how do I get the widget to be in a fixed location on the page – say bottom right.
    Gary
    scrambler

I cant see your page, it is private, I need a link to the public site.

If it only works in a widget, then add the widget to any widget area that is displayed in the page(s), then inspect your site to find the widget ID, then add the rule below in Main Options > Fonts & Custom > Custom CSS Rule box

#widgetid {position:fixed;right:0;bottom:0;z-index:200;} 

goakes
    Participant

Hello scrambler

Just to say this works really great. 
    Thank you for your assistance in this.
    Gary
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.