Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme FINAL Weaver Xtreme Version 5 Beta Release

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Weaver
    Keymaster

At long last, what I hope is the Final Beta Release Version of Weaver Xtreme V5 is ready.

I hope we’ve found all of the issues, but of course, this is software.

When this version is released officially on WordPress, it will be show up as an update, and your site will then use it after you update. We do not intend to support Weaver Xtreme 4 any longer.

So, we really would appreciate it if at least a few of you would try this final Beta release, and report any issues you have by e-mail to weaver@weavertheme.com. Note that the Weaver Xtreme Theme Support plugin V5 has been released already, and seems stable with this new V5 version.

The link to get the Beta Version is:

Beta Versions

Please read the installation instructions (including how to revert to V4 if necessary) in the HOW TO TRY THE V5 BETA VERSION section.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Well, it wasn’t the real final version after all. Found a very difficult to reproduce issue when saving options from the Customizer when Weaver Xtreme Plus was also installed. Was not regenerating changes to CSS style properly.

hkp
    Participant

@Weaver and @Scrambler

I pass this along for your information only, as it may relate to your work on version 5 and I don’t want to start a new thread.

On my site https://www.hiskingdomprophecy.com/ I use your standard “Search” widget in my Primary Sidebar.

As far as I recall, I have not customized the Search Box, so it has a default 3D shadowed appearance with a text area slightly darker than the Sidebar background  and has remained unchanged since it was set up.

I also use the ‘Classic Widgets’ plugin to avoid widget blocks.

My default Admin browser is Firefox and it renders the Search Box correctly.

However, recently, I have noticed on phones that Search Box is always not rendering correctly, with most displaying a dark bold line around the search input textarea.

This did not concern me much, as I know that phones often display things differently.

However today, I checked and to my surprise, the Microsoft Edge, Opera, Brave and the  AVG Secure Browser were all displaying a dark/bold search input textarea border box.

After inspecting the Search Box, I found that it was all under: .search-form   style.weaverx.min.css:2 and since you are about to upgrade, I thought I’d just pass it along here for your information.

I am not looking for a fix in V4.

Regards and thanks,
    Angus

scrambler

From what I can see, there is no border coming from the theme CSS, the border comes from the Browser user agent stylesheet.

The border is still set as border-style inset by the browser, but the two colors used to make the effect are very close grey (133 and 118), and so it looks like a uniform dark border instead on giving the emboss effect.

That change was maybe made by the browsers because the old emboss style looked old, and they may have decided to modernize it…

@weaver
    Can decide if he wants to enforce a different default style to override the new browser default (if that is what it is).

You can also impose your own style by adding the CSS to style the border, using the selector

.search-field

hkp
    Participant

@Scrambler

Thank you!

I’ll wait for V5 and look at it again then.

Regards and thanks,
    Angus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.