Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme FI is blurry in post excerpt, shows very clear in full post

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 47 minutes ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

mizroobie
    Participant

My settings are to show the excerpt of the most recent post full width on a “Page with posts”, and show all previous posts in 3 columns below. The FI on the most recent excerpt always shows up very blurry, but when I click to show the full post, the image is crystal clear. All my FI’s show up clear EXCEPT in the recent post, when the excerpt is shown full width. Please help. Thank you.

scrambler

Please post a link to the page.

mizroobie
    Participant

See the excerpt below the sticky post; the FI is very blurry; when you click to see the full post, the image is crisp.

http://www.orchidartbycharleshess.com/what-i-do/my-conservation-articles/

Thank you.

scrambler

I suspect you have asked for the image to be full width in Main option > Post Specifics > Featured image, probably the FI-xxx excerpts settings yet have selected a FI size that is too small for it.

Check settings there and make sure the featured image is NOT set to a width of 100% (remove any value from the FI width box), or that the FI size selected above is larger than that content..

Using 100% for the FI width will scale the Featured image to fill up the whole content width. When using that option, you must make sure you have selected a big enough size in the box above fo FI size.  If the image used is too small, then you will get pixilation.

mizroobie
    Participant

i do have it set to 100%. However, what puzzles me is that it is set to 100% both for excerpt, and 100% for full post. When I display the excerpt, it is blurry. When I display the full post it is crystal clear. They are both the same image. Why is it blurry in one case but not the other? Perhaps I don’t completely understand your explanation. The FI representation in the excerpt takes up the same amount of space on my desktop screen as the FI representation in the full post. The excerpt is very blurry, the full post is very clear. The difference is not terribly apparent on my tablet, but when I use my desktop the blurriness on is totally unacceptable.

mizroobie
    Participant

thesurge
    Participant

@mizroobie although the FI is set to 100% you have the excerpt FI size set as thumbnail, as scrambler pointed out, you are scaling up a small image. FI size for full posts is set to Large, which is why this displays a clear image. Change the excerpt FI size to large and it will be clear too.

scrambler

The surge is right, I did mention you need to check both the FI size setting and the FI width setting. You excerpts are set to use thumbnail and 100% which means you are scaling a tiny 150px image to the full width/

You full posts are set to use a Large version of the image scale at 100% of the width, and the large version of the image is 600px, so it does not get scaled up.

mizroobie
    Participant

I understand. Thank you. I didn’t realize that WP actually stores 2 sizes of the picture. It’s my first web-site. Thank you so much for your patience.

scrambler

@mizroobie, WordPress actually stores four versions of every uploaded image:

Thumbnails, Medium, Large, and Full

The resolution for the first three are defined in Settings > Media, and are created when the image is uploaded

Weaver
    Keymaster

If the image you upload is already smaller than the thumbnail/medium/large size, a “full” size version is not needlessly created – just to cover the whole story.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.