Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme fatal error in footer

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  howardshippin 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

howardshippin
    Participant

After the latest updates of WordPress, the Weaver Xtreme theme and Weaver theme support plugin, my weaver xtreme child theme is giving a fatal error.

<b>Fatal error</b>: Call to undefined function weaverx_end_body() in <b>/home1/nswas/public_html/sfpeace.org/wp-content/themes/weaver_xtreme_child/footer.php</b> on line <b>159</b>

Line 159 is at the end of the file – weaverx_end_body();

The site is   http://sfpeace.org/

As far as I remember, it’s showing the entire footer area and widgets.

scrambler

@weaver will need to look at that but he is away right now

howardshippin
    Participant

okay thanks, just replying so I can set email notifications.

Weaver
    Keymaster

As far as I know (and can confirm on older versions), Weaver Xtreme has never had a function called weaverx_end_body(). This must have been something you defined as part of your child theme in the custom footer.php file.

The last few lines of the theme’s standard footer.php file are:

wp_footer();

weaverx_masonry( 'invoke-code' );
    ?>
    </body>
    </html>

I don’t know what extra things you may have attempted to do using a custom weaverx_end_body() function. So somehow, part of your child theme has been changed or lost.

Edit: After looking at the output of your site, it seems that the error message may have been there a long time without you noticing it. Perhaps this is an old problem, and not a new one because the final look of the site doesn’t seem much broken.

howardshippin
    Participant

Thanks @weaver.  I compared the original footer.php with the one in the child theme and there are indeed many additions (somebody else worked on it) – however removing that line doesn’t seem to adversely affect anything so I’ve taken it out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.